Say Less

This will be a long conversational chapter. It'll explain a lot of how the next chapters unfold.
———————————————————————

There we stood. The flock of girls surrounded us, blocking every angle. "Let's not do this here..." Nayeon says, scooting us towards the cafeteria.

I still stood still. The other girls started walking towards the cafeteria while Dahyun and I hesitated from moving. Jihyo stares at me as she walks past my side.

"Let's go?" Dahyun asks. Her eyebrows curving upwards as she stares up towards me. "A-alright.." I answered. Stepping aside, she moves first while I followed behind her.

I followed her to the private area where artists could eat. There sat all the members in two separate tables. It was divided into two by a half-wall.

The table on the left had Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, Jeongyeon and Mina. The one on the right had Momo, Sana and Nayeon. Dahyun sits with the right table.

Moving towards the table, I see Tzuyu staring at me as I entered the booth. I looked away as soon as pur eyes met.

The seats were individual. Dahyun sits by the side of the table. The rest of the other girls sat on all other sides of the table leaving the only seat left the one next to Dahyun's.

She scoots into her seat while I stood by the table. I reluctantly sat down, and was greeted with a bunch of stares from the other girls. I could hear the other table whisper from across the half-wall.

"So.. Y/N. How have you been?" Sana asks. Her chin resting on the back of her hands. Her elbows supporting her head.

The other girls eagerly waited for me to answer. "I've had better days. The other management team was really boring and weren't really in my age range. So I couldn't relate with them- I'm talking too much. Aren't I?" I stopped myself from blabbering on.

I was too bothered by Dahyun's presence right beside me. There was so much I wanted to say and so much I wanted to do.

Momo and Sana laughed. Nayeon just smiled awkwardly. "How is ItzMe?" Dahyun asks.

"Th-They're alright." Oh god. Keep yourself together Y/N.

"Do you take care of them?" Momo asks. "Well.. I haven't really talked to them that much. I was a shadow manager most of the time." I answered.

After that was a moment of awkward silence. Our eyes looked at eachother waiting for someone to start a conversation.

"How have you been?" Dahyun asks from beside me.

"I-I... I missed you guys." I answered. Pouring my heart out into jus one sentence.

"Why did you never hit us up when you left? I mean.. You're only avoiding Dahy-" Momo cuts herself off, realising the hole she just dug. Almost falling into that hole, Sana laughs it off. "Don't mind her. She's a bit tired." She says.

Oh god this is so awkward.

Nayeon, who hasn't said a word yet, finally speaks. "Why haven't you visited the dorm?" She asks.

"I'm.. not really in good terms with you guys." I answered. I glanced at their faces, seeing their reactions to what I said. They clearly didn't know how to react.

"We can always.. Work things out." Dahyun says. Looking towards me. My head turns slowly towards her. Her eyes penetrating my eyes and my soul. [so cheesy]

"You guys should talk this one out alone, by the terrace floor." Nayeon says. Asking us to leave so that it wouldn't be more awkward for the rest of the girls.

Dahyun stands up from her chair. "Yeah. Shall we?" She asks. I stand up, she places her towel on the chair and leaves. Like a while ago, I followed behind her. "We'll be back." Dahyun says.

We left the cafeteria and went up to the roof top by taking the elevator. The way up was silent. We just stood next to eachother.

We went out to the balcony, greeted by the sun shining brightly. She sits below a shaded roof on a bench. I sat next to her.

"I'm sorr-"

"I missed you." Dahyun cuts me off.

She looks at me with a firm stare. Her hand gripped tightly with her other hand. I felt that she had a lot of pent up things she wanted to say too.

"I realized after a bit of time that I overreacted. I even tried sharing you with Chaeyoung once. So I felt like such a big hypocrite." She says.

"No.. I'm sorry. I should have never even laid my eyes on Tzuyu that time."

"It's alright. Maybe I was just surprised by the fact. But after I.. Exploded.. I realised I hadn't really done much of that with you." She says.

I still felt bad. It felt as if she was blaming herself on why It happened. I can't believe she's thinking that way.

"Dahyun. Please don't think that way. It was my fault why it happened. I didn't control myself."

She sighs. "Let's just move on from what happened. Alright?" She asks.

"Alright.."

We sat there for a couple of minutes just staring at the view from the top of the J.L.P building.

"So.. Are we.."

"No." She says. I didn't even get to say a single word after. I intended to ask if we could get back together. Well I guess that's not happening.

"I think it will be best if you just.. Return to the group as a manager. We all miss you." She says.

"You can if you want to fondle with the other members. That's beyond me at this point. I just want you back into my life.. Without the fear if losing you again." She says.

I...

"So will you stay with us?"

Oh..

"Will you stay with me?"