Awkward

It wasn't right for me to still be their manager. I couldn't let myself take that immoral step.

I handed in my request to be transferred to another group. This was back in May. Currently it's June. So it's more or less been a month since I even made contact with any of the members.

My position as manager was placed in ItzMe, the company's co-ed group. I was relieved that no one from the administration knew about what happened behind the scenes... But I felt awful each day. Walking through the JLP offices knowing about what I did.

I was still posted with what the group was doing, Dahyun specifically. They started promoting their new song, More&Less. I felt ashamed everytime I see her during the group's promotions.

But I had to be focused on my new job.. ItzMe. I felt like an actual manager this time, since there were a bunch of us managing the group. My place in TWICE was eventually replaced by another staff member. So my place was filled in by someone else.

I wasn't happy with the new group. They seem to have established their thing with the previous managers, so I can't really get close to the members.

I miss the girls.. I miss her. Why did it have to end in such terms.

Maybe this is how it should be... I dont know.. We'll see.

"Y/N." A fellow manager calls me while we ran our shift in the office. The group we handled was on their vacation so we had nothing to do.

"Get up." He orders me as I stand up from the empty office chair. "What's up?" I asked. "The other group is understaffed. They're going to a music show later."

Other group? "What group?" I asked, recalling all the JYP groups except for one.

"Who else is promoting right now?" He asks.

Shit. "Do we have to?" I pleaded subtly.

"This is our job if you forgot." He says with a serious voice. I forgot I'm new to this team. With a subtle sulk, I walked with him out of the office room.

We drove off to the showcase. There were four managers in the car with me. I can't believe I managed the group by myself.

We got to the parking, seeing all the other staff members leaving their cars. It was early in the morning. "What time will TWICE perform?" I asked.

"They'll have the rehearsal in about an hour.. And the performance in like,, 3."

Fuck. 3 hours of just,, avoiding eye contact with them.

We got out of the car and headed inside the staff entrance. Right as we entered there were staff members scattered everywhere. At this point, I still didn't know what we needed to do to help.

"Mirae, you go to Seo Chun at the dressing room. You two can go help the staff assigned to the stage prep." The leader of the our shift points at me and another manager.

We headed off and went to the area behind the stage. It was a big warehouse like area filled with the props. "Ya! You two!" A girl shouts in the distance right as we stepped inside the room.

"Help these guys carry the set pieces." She points at the guys handling all the pieces of props.

We ran over to help and grabbed the boxes of plant props in the back and ran back.

I have never seen these people in my life. It was kinda awkward for me and the other manager since we came from another group.

We got to the space next to the stage where they store the set pieces in order of the performance. The guys who carried the big props told us to go since they won't set the props in like 3 hours.

The other manager and I went back to look for the lead manager. We eventually found him next to the filming crew talking to another staff.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asks.

"They told us to leave. We'll go back in 3 hours they said." The other manager answered.

"Ah. There's not much left to do. Just go to the dressing room with Mirae and the other guy."

Shit.

The guy I was with walked ahead of me as I hesitated to go. We eventually got into the front of the dressing room labelled TWICE.

The manager walks in while I stood outside. Suddenly, I remembered I brought a mask. I took it out of my pocket and wore it to hopefully hide my identity.

I messed my hair up too so it wouldn't be obvious.

"What are you waiting for?" The manager peaks back outside the door. I walked inside the dressing room.

They were understaffed. There were only 3 staff members there before we went in.

The first member I saw was Chaeyoung who was on her phone as she sat there in her white dress.

I closed the door behind me and was greeted by Nayeon who was right behind the door. She was charging her phone on the floor. She too didn't look at me.

It was awkward since they didn't recognize me yet I was in such close proximity to them.

"Next!" A makeup artist says loudly as she finishes up on Mina who just got done with her makeup.

Right as she leaves the chair, someone else stood up. It was Dahyun. My heart shook as I saw her walk towards the chair.

She smiles at the artist before sitting on the chair.

I immediately froze at the sight of her.

Then I felt a tap on my leg.

"Excuse me-"