Reunion

I felt a tug on my pants. Turning to my left, it was Nayeon who sat by the door. As soon as we made eye contact, I looked away to the wall behind her.

"Excuse me, sir." Nayeon says.

"Hmm?" I asked, trying to disguise my voice.

"Do you have a charger? Mine isn't working." She says as she points the cable she had towards me.

"*ehem* What phone?" I asked.

"iPhone." She says. "I don't have one. Sorry." I answered. "Maybe Mirae-Unnie has one. Can you ask her?" She says, pointing at the manager at the other side of the room.

I looked at where Mirae was and saw that she was right next to the makeup artist currently prepping Dahyun.

Why did she have to stand there... Out of all the places...

I scurried through the packed room filled with both members and staff. Walking towards Mirae, I came to a halt due to Jihyo blocking my way.

She turns to me, with a peculiar face. "You.." She says.

SHIT.

"I haven't seen you here before.." She says, pointing at my covered face. "Mirae has helped us before. But you're new. And familiar.." She says, growing with suspicion.

"I- I'm with Mirae." I said, looking away towarda Mirae.

This is hopeless. How hasn't she recognised me yet?

"Oh, Jihyo. Don't bother. He's with me." Mirae cuts in the conversation. I turned to look at her and saw that Dahyun was looking at me from the reflection of the mirror.

My heart start thumping fast, I couldn't break away from our stare.

"Hello." Dahyun says, bowing politely as she looks at me from the mirror.

"Ah, yeah. Hello." I said, bowing back. I get out of Jihyo's mental game and jumped next to Mirae.

"Do you have a- uhh... An iPhone charger?" I asked. My eyes staring around the room, but still focusing on Dahyun who looked at herself through the mirror.

"I think I have one here." She says before getting her bag off the table in front of her. She takes out the cable and the plug from her bag.

Her hand tilts out to hand it to me. I hesitated from taking it but it grew increasingly awkward as I stared at her pale hands. "What are you waiting for?" Mirae asked, staring at me and the hand.

I swiftly took it out of her hand. The touch of her skin made my heart melt. A short connection with the past I have put behind me.

I bowed deeply, covering my face of shame.

Walking back, I was stopped by Jihyo once again. She had her arms crossed as if she was suspecting me of being some saesang pretending to be a manager.

"Sorry. But could you please remove your mask? I want to get to know you." Jihyo says, her eyes observing me from head to toe.

Oh shit. I.. am dead. Everyone's going to stare. The other managers might suspect something in the group and I's history.

My hand was shaking, reaching for the bottom part of my mask. I finally got a grip of the fabric.

Dahyun... Speaks out from behind.

"Unnie. Stop that. Just let him work."