Small Talk

Dahyun.. She got me out of that situation not knowing it was me all along. If she found out, she might lose it.

I ran back to Nayeon who was starting to get impatient by the door. "There you are!" She says, her eyes widening in joy. Not because of me but because of the charger in my hand.

"This is d-Dahyun's." I said, handing the charger to her.

I rush off to leave by grabbing the door handle that was close by. "Hold on a second.. You sound familiar." Nayeon says, grabbing one of my pant-holes.

OH FUCK. PLEASE NOT NOW. EVERYONE CAN SEE US.

Suddenly, a man in a blue vest busts the door open while I was right behind it. The slam of the surface on my foot luckily saved me from any other pain necessary.

"Oh sorry- ANYWAYS GIRLS WE'RE ALMOST UP FOR REHEARSALS!" The staff member shouts into the room.

"Yes~" The girls say in unison. They all stood up, preparing themselves for the show. Nayeon on the other hand was still suspecting me. I left the room before she could say anything else.

I ran down the hall and just bolted for the showcase room. I stood behind the cameras pointed at the stage, pretending I was part of that team.

Shortly after, the girls walk up on stage. The staff welcome them with an applause.

The rehearsals started. My eyes were only fixated on one person. A few minutes in, I felt as if she was staring at me. But I later realised her fan cam-era man was right in front of me.

I stepped away, trying to regain my composure  after all those eye contacts with the lady.

I texted Mirae to see if I should still help in the dressing room.

Do ya'll still need me at the dressing room? Cause I can go else where :you

mirae: good point. maybe check by the showcase to see if they need someone.

Aight, thanks. :you

That's a relief. I couldn't bare another second with them.

The rehearsals for the group ended, leaving me with nothing else to do. I wasn't really interested in the other groups. So I walked off.

Walking by the hall, I looked for a bathroom to take a leak.

I finally see a sign directing me to the bathroom. I hurried off to the sign, passing the girls' dressing room. Once I got there, I took off my mask and glasses. Right as I reach for the door handle, out pops Nayeon from the girl's bathroom.

We stood there, quietly staring at each other. "Y/N.. You're here." Nayeon says, letting go of the door handle.

"Nayeon.." I replied. "It's been... long."

"It has." We conversed in front of the bathroom doors. "Why are you here?" She asks.

"I was assigned to your promotions today."

"Wait. So you're the guy-" She points her finger towards the dressing room, coming to the realization.

"Oh." She says.

"Please don't tell Dahyun." I blurted out, panicking in my ex-boyfriend state.

"Oh don't worry about Dahyun. She seems okay now. It's Jihyo you should be worried about." She says, crossing her arms.

Fuck. That woman's still blood boils.

"D-did Dahyun say anything about me lately?" I asked. My curiosity sparked, given the opportunity.

"Well... She didn't exactly paint a good picture of you." Nayeon says. A slight tone of disappointment could be heard from her voice.

"She's still mad?"

"Beats me. We fucked too, remember?" Nayeon asks. A small hidden memory in the back of my hand was reattached. Another piece of garbage evidence on me has been reinstated.

"Shit! Right." I groaned.

"Jesus. How many of us did you mess with? Sana.. Dahyun... Tzuyu.." ...And Chaeyoung too.

Each time she mentioned a name made me want to dig my grave even further.

"Alright! Alright. You don't have to remind me." I cut her off.

"But the girls do miss you, Y/N." Nayeon suddenly says. A shift of tone from disappointment to mellow. "It hasn't really been the same with all the older managers. Even I can barely joke with them." She laughs the situation off.

Would they want me to come back? That's not possible... right?

Nayeon sees me absorbed in my thoughts.

"Hey." She snaps me out of my trance and grabs me by the shoulder. "If you want to come back, I'll be more than delighted to welcome you." Nayeon says. Patting my shoulder before heading off down the hall to their dressing room.

What have I done? I can't believe how much of a shithole I am. Yet they still think of me as a manager and as a friend..

Should I...

Come back?