Coming Home

What Nayeon said really stuck to me for the rest of the coming weeks. It was hard to swallow the pride I had left. Although I still couldn't decide whether I should go back.

After our shift at the showcase was over, we got back the the office. Meeting with the other ItzMe managers, they were having a very intense discussion. "What's going on?" The lead manager that was with us asks the group.

"We just got a report that the ItzMe members are having a big fight during their vacation." One of the manager says. Ohh. What could be going on?

"We're deciding which managers will be heading there to mediate before things get out of hand." Another manager says.

There were five of us in total in this discussion.

We came to the conclusion the three managers will head there. I was not included in the list along with Mirae.

"So what are we going to do?" Mirae asks on our behalf. "Well.. I guess you both have the next days for yourselves.. At least until when we come back."

Nice. Off-days.

"You both can call it a day. We'll see you soon." Head manager says.

We greeted them goodbye and left the office. Mirae decided to head off alone with her boyfriend while I walked by myself.

Stepping out of the elevator into the J.L.P lobby, I stumbled upon the TWICE members walking in through the staff entrance. They must have finished up with the music show.

I quickly hid away by a wall, out of their peripherals. Shit. That was close. I didn't have any of the disguise stuff on me.

I peeked over the corner and saw that they were walking towards my direction. Fuck! I panicked. To my right was the staff cafeteria. Walking towards the doors, I remembered I haven't brought my staff ID. So I couldn't go in.

Turning over, the intersection between the hall I was in and the hall the girls were walking through was right beside me. I was trapped.

I decided to just turn around, looking away awkwardly towards the double door at the end of the hall.

Their footsteps clanked against the floor, the sounds coming closer to me. I heard quiet murmurs and Nayeon talking loudly coming closer and closer.

"You'll never guess who I met at the shoot a while ago."

"Who?"

"You'll be shocked. I'll tell you later when we eat."

Can't believe she's talking about our encounter..

Wait- Eat?

Fuck! They're headed my way!

Panicking like a bitch, I found myself frozen by the wall. I turned around to check if there was anything to hide behind of...

"Y/N?"

Dahyun.

Standing. Footsteps slowly halting behind the her. All potentially ready to beat me up.

"What are you doing here?" Jeongyeon asks, standing next to Nayeon. I didn't break away from looking at Dahyun. Laying my eyes on her, without anything to mask my identity.

I was.. Speechless.

Nayeon whispers to Jeongyeon, "he's the one i'm talkin about."

Her whisper completely audible to every single person in the group. "You were with us a while ago?" Dahyun asks.

Looking around, all of them were staring right at me. The entourage blocking the path to the cafeteria. I nod, replying to Dahyun.

Remembering the last moment we spoke, I expecting a more cold response. I was ready to take in all the anger once again that she had thrown me. My heart was pounding rapidly.

I wanted forgiveness.

I wanted to say sorry a million times, everyday since we last met.

"Why didn't you say Hi?"