South Africa

A/N Alright guys...I hear you! What's with South Africa? Well, are you ready to hear Marco's story? It involves this girl named "Mia"...

Heads up...I'll be using the picture of Joy from HLG Movie, I will be handling it with utmost care as it is needed in this story. As I said before, this is a "spin off" from the MCFF that I wrote.

Work of scientific fiction by the #beautifulotor  jenofgenovia

🔬

Marco checks on the available flight for South Africa; he sees a post it on his passport, it is from his Mom - "it will get better Marco - Mom" He smiled and books a flight in a week's time.

At 6pm, he is waiting for Viv at the Lobby of the Hospital. She is in her black outfit and hair tied up, Viv smiled at him.

V: Why so serious?

M: Nothing...are you ready?

V: Let's go...Im' tired of hospital food!

M: Good, I'll take you to my favorite dinner.

Marco drove to a place near Nuvali and over at Luke's Dinner. Viv had been there several times and she likes the food. He ordered burgers with nachos, fries and milk shake.

V: You look...sad...

M: I just want to tell you something and I hope that you will understand me.

V: Go on, I can come back at midnight naman, Mom is doing well, she just needs to rest na lang.

M: That's good.

V: So...we got all this food, start telling me the story of Mia...

M: ohhh...

V: I asked Auntie Kookie, sorry!!!

M: It's okay, here's my story.

Marco & Mia

At the age of 18, Marco had been travelling with Uncle Sheldon and sometimes with his Mom to attend Science Convention and Quiz Bees. It was in South Africa when he met Mia Astrid Chu, a half Chinese, half Filipina who represented her International school in Hong Kong. Marco pursued Mia, following her around in Hong Kong and even competing at every Natural Science Contest that she's been in.

Mia finally said yes to him - against her parent's wishes as they are planning an arranged marriage for her but she and Marco are inlove at the tender age of 19

They even got matching tattoos, temporary tatts on Marco's arm and on Mia's right feet.

Being a top Science Student, Mia, alongside Marco and Verne had been invited to join the South Africa Natural Science Camp

Being a top Science Student, Mia, alongside Marco and Verne had been invited to join the South Africa Natural Science Camp. Uncle Sheldon and Verne's Mom will be the guardians of Marco and Verne and decided to take an earlier flight.

What happened on that sad day of August 25th was something that changed Marco. Mia's plane crashed before it reaches South Africa - she and her Mom died while a handful of Passengers survived. Marco was inconsolable and Verne was the one who help him recover alongside Uncle Sheldon and Marco's Parents who always call him before they finally book a flight for him and company.

Before leaving South Africa, Marco stumbled upon a tattoo shop. He talked to Morgan, the Tattoo Artist and before he got inked - for real this time and not like the Temporary Tribal Tattoo that he has on his arm and on Mia's right feet, Marco ended up telling Morgan about his problems and being broken hearted with Mia's death. Morgan told him that nothing stays forever, not even heart break and sufferring. Still, Marco insisted to get inked, Morgan told him that this tribal tattoo he will be having will not stay forever in his arms.

Once he found his next love, the ink will slowly fade away. Marco agreed and for some reasons, did not find the inking painful. And just like that, he's got a tattoo in memory of South Africa and Mia.

Every two years, Marco goes to South Africa to throw African flowers in the ocean where the bodies of Mia and her Mom are found

Every two years, Marco goes to South Africa to throw African flowers in the ocean where the bodies of Mia and her Mom are found. It was then when Marco swore that he will never fall in love again...until he sees Vivian many months ago.

***

V: Oh my gosh...thank you for telling me this Marco.

M: Thank you for listening. I will be going to South Africa next week, for the LAST time. I also need to say goodbye to Morgan.

V: It's okay, take all the time you need.

M: Mia was my first love...and somehow parang totoo ang sinabi ni Morgan as my tattoo is fading. (Looks at Viv)

V: Yeah...here drink your milk shake.

M: Thanks.

Viv holds his hand and they spent half an hour just sitting at the dinner holding hands. The Diner Owner told them that he will be closing in 20 minutes and that's when Marco drives Viv back to the Hospital.

M: I'd like to have dinner with you again before I leave for South Africa.

V: Sure. Just call me. Good Night Marco. Everything will be okay soon.

Viv holds his face and hugs him before she went up for her Mom's suite. Lucas is watching his daughter from afar and somehow, he feels that Marco is good for his unica hija.

-To be Continued-

-To be Continued-