Ch. 1

Omniscient January 3rdElsik High School

Omniscient
January 3rd
Elsik High School

Walking up the steps of the large school, Robyn takes a deep breath and opens the door of the front entrance. The halls are beyond crowded, and she feels her anxiety and aggravation creep up and spread throughout her body.

Houston Fucking Texas.

This is the last place the young Barbadian had ever imagined she'd end up at. She doesn't want to be here at all, and it angers her that she had no choice in the matter. Now living with her aunt, she's thousands of miles away from her previous school and all of her friends. Transferring to a new school is hard enough without it being after the school year had already started.

Fuck it. In a month and a half she'll be 18 and able to get the hell out of here and back to New York, where she should be.

It's not that she didn't love and like her aunt or appreciate what she's doing, but she doesn't feel she belongs here, and she doesn't want to 'give it a shot' or 'wait because it'll get better' as her aunt had been saying since she landed.

Robyn didn't even have a day after her parents funerals to say goodbye to her friends and pack up her shit before the state awarded guardianship to her Aunt Dana and her wife Mary.

She was angry that she had to uproot her entire life because her parents left her. She was angry that she had to leave her best friend Melissa. She was angry she had to move to bum ass Houston.

She was just angry.

After finding her way to the administration office, she sat down and waited for the receptionist to become available. Sitting there with her phone out, she heard an obnoxious but very cute laugh followed by a sexy, sort of deep laugh. She looked up and saw 2 very beautiful girls walking in, going behind the receptionist desk and inside a little booth type thing. One of them was short, thicker than any teenager she'd ever seen, with long wavy black hair and almond eyes. The other was much taller with honey blonde hair that reached past the middle of her back, and had an applebottom.

Robyn averted her eyes and went back to her phone until the receptionist got her attention.

"How can I help you sweetie?" The kind, larger black woman asked with that block mama smile.

"I'm new hea. I jus transfa'd." Robyn nervously scratched the back of her neck.

"Oh that's just wonderful. I'm Ms. Harris, and you just come to me with whatever you need, sugar. Last name?"

"Fenty. F-E-N-T-Y." Robyn couldn't help but smile at the woman behind the desk. She reminded her so much of her mom and aunt. They're literally the mamas of the block, and it shows this woman is too.

"Okay... Ah! Robyn. I've got your schedule here. Give me a second to print it." Robyn nods her head at Ms. Harris as she stands to go and get her schedule off the printer.