Ch. 44

May 22nd Rio, BrazilHospital São Lucas CopacabanaRobyn's POV

May 22nd
Rio, Brazil
Hospital São Lucas Copacabana
Robyn's POV

"Ms. Rih. We need to get you checked out." Hector urges for the tenth time since we got back.

"Nah I'm straight. Imma sit hea and wait fah ha tuh wake up."

I wave him off with my good arm and slouch back down in my seat.

"Robz." I look over at Nicki who's swollen, bloodshot eyes plead with me. "I'll stay right here with her. Just please go get checked out."

We've already been here for fourteen hours. Beyoncé's been in the hospital for seventeen.

Apparently the fall caused her brain to swell, and according to doc 'she had a traumatic brain injury from when she fell. And that reduced blood flow and oxygen to the brain.' Which I guess can cause hella bad brain damage. So they induced a coma so her brain could rest.

There's some good news... the babies are okay. Doc said Bey must've sheltered them from the fall and that's how she ended up headed first to the tile.

"Come on, Rob." Mel grabs my arm gently and tugs it upwards.

I place a kiss on Bey's forehead and lips before looking at Nick. "Come get me if anything 'appens while we gone."

"You got it." She smiles gently before continuing to rub the back of Bey's hand.

I follow behind doc into the next room beside Beyoncé's suite.

"Undress and put this on. Holler when you're ready." I nod once and go to grab my shirt. I wince slightly in pain as I lift it over my head.

"Sit down fah a sec." I listen to Mel and she begins untying my shoes before pulling them off.

I stand up and pull my jeans off, keeping my bra and compression shorts on before putting the gown on doc gave me. "Ready." I call out to the door before sitting on the bed.

The first thing he did was check my vitals and listen to my lungs. He got a little worried so he had me do an xray to check my upper body for any broken bones.

After that I follow him to an MRI machine. As they run the test, I close my eyes and think of Bey and the twins, continuing to pray to whoever would listen that the swelling would go down, so she could wake up.

"Alright, Rih, come on out." He speaks into the intercom as the machine moves me out of the weird bubble thing.

I hop off the machine and meet him back outside.

"Go ahead and get dressed and meet me back in Ms. Bey's room." I say a thank you before quickly walking back to get my clothes.

I'm back by my baby's side within five minutes. I take a hold of her hand and place my forehead against it.