Ch. 48

August 6th (yes, another month has been skipped)Fenty/Knowles ResidenceOnika's POV

Fenty/Knowles Residence
Onika's POV

"No. Nope... fuck No!" I groan and pull at my hair after looking at the stupid fucking urine covered test in my hand.

"Fuck!" I kick the wastebasket before leaning over the bathroom counter and taking in deep breaths.

"Behbey?" I let out another deep breath before standing up straight and going to the door.

The look on Mel's face when I swing it open is full of worry before she steps inside. "Whas wrong?"

I run my fingers through my hair again before grabbing the pregnancy test and handing it to her. "I dunno 'ow tuh read dis, bae."

"Would I be kicking shit around if it was negative, Mel?" I ask rhetorically with a scowl on my face.

I watch as her face changes from worry to serious in a matter of .5 seconds. "I'm sorry." I sigh again. "I didn't mean to be a dick. But Its positive, Melissa."

"And ya mad about it?"

"Not mad exactly. Just..."

"Just wha?"

"Babe look around us. We haven't been together long enough to have a baby, that's number one. Number two, I'm not strong like Bey. I can't raise my kid in this life, but its who we are. We can't give it up, and you know that."

"Aight first of all, you are as strong as Bey, so dun give me dat. And two, yeah we di'nt plan dis, but dis is mi fuckin seed, so wha ah you tryin tuh say?"

"I'm not trying to say anything, Mel." I close my eyes to stop the burning.

"Really? Cause it sounds like ya tryin tuh think of all da reasons you dun want dis behbey."

"So other than it being your fuckin seed, give me all the fucking reasons for why we should!"

"Because..."

"Because what?" I tilt my head and cross my arms.

"Because issa fucking kid yo!"

I lick my lips while shaking my head. "You want to raise a kid like this?"

"Like wha?!"

"In the fucking life we live, Mel!"

"So we get out of dis life style!"

"And do wha? How the fuck are you gonna support this baby? You're a fucking fugitive with no education! Even if I stopped hustling, I wouldn't be able to go back to school because we wouldn't be able to afford it!"

She scoffs while shaking her head. "Onika... you get rid of mi seed, and we're done."

The look she gives me before walking out of the bathroom cut me to my fucking soul.