Ch. 45

May 23rdRio, BrazilHospital Robyn's POV

May 23rd
Rio, Brazil
Hospital
Robyn's POV

She's scared... and confused... and has no idea who I am.

Hell, I'm scared and confused and quite frankly have no idea who this person is either...

I know it's been less than twenty-four hours, and I should just be grateful she's awake, but fuck man, we can never catch a break...

"Where'd Nicki go?" Beyoncé's voice snaps me from my thoughts.

"She went back tuh our 'ouse tuh get you some clothes tuh go 'ome in."

I notice a hint of fear in her eyes, but she nods her head anyways.

I hate that she's uncomfortable with me... even when we first met she was never this uncomfortable with me. And shorty's pregnant with my fuckin kids this time.

She continues fidgeting with her fingers, something she'd stopped doing so long ago is now a nervous habit once again.

"So Nicki's with...Mel?" She takes a second to remember her name.

"Yeah." I nod my head to reiterate.

"And you and I?" She motions between us. This is at least her tenth time asking that. It's like she thinks we're punkin her or something.

I don't let the frustration or hurt feelings show, I just nod my head again.

"And... and my parents are okay with this?" The fear in her voice... it reminds me of when we first got together.

I'm not about to tell her that not only is her dad dead, but she did it, so I just don't respond.

Tears begin to fall down her cheeks, and all I want to do is grab her and hold her...

But I can't...

Thankfully Nicki walked in right after she began crying, and she ran over and held her since I couldn't.

This is gonna be one of the hardest things we're ever going to go through...

May 28th
Fenty/Knowles Residence
Beyoncé's POV

I've wanted to slip back in to that coma since the moment that doctor pulled me out of it.

I can't remember any of this.

I don't remember being in love with a woman.

I don't remember being pregnant with twins

I don't understand why we're in a different country.

I can't remember how my parents are possibly okay with me being with a woman... I mean I swear if my father knew I was with a woman, I wouldn't be here.

I mean, fuck, I'm engaged to a woman!

I want to cry every time I wake up again. There's this huge chunk in my brain that's missing, and it's making it hard to breathe.