Ch. 35

December 13thKnowles/Fenty/Maraj Residence Beyoncé's POV

December 13th
Knowles/Fenty/Maraj Residence
Beyoncé's POV

"Can you hack into it?" I ask my friend, Chris, when we get to his hotel room.

Now that we don't have Lani's hacking skills on standby, I had to call up Luda and ask him to fly up. He's the smartest nigga I know. This muthafucka can hack anything, so I'd be shocked if he said no.

"Well, there's some good news and bad news. Whatchu want first?"

"Bad."

"It looks like these are police grade, which means whoever planted them got em from the feds."

I run my tongue over my teeth and nod, breathing in and out slowly to not let my anger get the best of me again.

"And the good news?"

"Well, there's actually two pieces of good news. The first, I was able to hack into the footage, and they were literally just installed the morning you found em. Other than you two fuckin, they ain't got shit."

I let out a deep sigh of relief and nod. "The second piece of good news. I got footage of the person installing the cameras."

"She blonde?" I ask with my brow arched.

"Yup." He turns his laptop, and I see Rita's face on the camera.

I look over at Rih with my eyes slanted. She runs her fingers through her hair and drops her head.

"You have Wayne take her to the abandoned warehouse like I told you to?"

"Yeah." She replies quietly.

"I need you to go to her place and tap into her shit. See if she gave the feds anything they can work with. Baby, give me your phone." Robyn walks over and places her phone in my hand. I take a piece of paper and write down Rita's number and address. "Here's her number. Hack that shit too."

"I gotchu. I'll send you everything I have within the next two hours."

"Aight. We gotta go now. Thanks, Chris. We already transferred your pay, but if you ever need a job..." I smile widely after my sentence runs off.

"Aye, if you hirin, a nigga needs a change of scenery."

"Fuck yeah. Call the front desk and tell em to extend your stay and make some calls to have ya shit moved up here. We'll cover the moving costs and shit, and I'll text you later so we can have you meet the crew."

"Sounds good. Nice meeting you, Rihanna."

"You too. Thanks fah yuh 'elp." They dap up before I give him a hug goodbye.

I can see Rihanna's regret and remorse weighing heavily on her as we walk out of the hotel. Yeah, I'm angry she didn't listen, but I'm glad we caught this shit and are gonna end it before anything actually happened. I know I shouldn'tve forgiven her so quick, but I love her and need her as much as she loves and needs me, and we all fuck up.