Ch. 47

July 17thRio, BrazilFenty/Knowles Residence Robyn's POV

July 17th
Rio, Brazil
Fenty/Knowles Residence
Robyn's POV

"Ms. Fenty?" I look up from my phone and see Marissa standing in my office doorway.

"Dun call me dat, M. Jus call me Rih." I tilt my head to invite her in.

"Sorry." She smiles gently before walking into my office. "I was... I was hoping to talk to you."

"Of course. What's up?"

"Well... I know what El did was wrong, but I was hoping you and Ms. Knowles would reconsider hiring her again."

I try to hide the expression wanting to show and tuck my lips in. "Well uh... you'd haffi ask Bey, but I can almost guarantee she's gonna say no."

"I understand. What she said was unacceptable, but I've talked to her, and she knows there are some lines you don't cross."

Just as I was about to respond, I see Bey walking down the hallway. "Behbey!"

A couple seconds later her frames back in the doorway. "What's up?" She smiles before waddling inside. She glares at me from the smile on my face, and I chuckle. I can't help smiling when I see her walking now. Those babies make her waddle so much.

I pull back from my desk and motion for her to sit down, and she raises her brow at me. I kiss my teeth and pull her down anyway. She thinks she's too big now to sit on my lap. Like, shut up.

"What's going on?" She asks again before looking between me and Marissa.

"Ms. Bey... I was wondering if you and Rih would consider rehiring my daughter."

I see Bey's eyes widen before she looks at me. "Um I don't think-"

"Ms. Bey, I know what Elisa did was unacceptable, and I know she doesn't deserve a second chance, but I'm asking for this favor for myself. This conversation isn't to only ask for Elisa to get her job back, but it's to also tell you I will not be able to work soon."

"Whys dat?" I ask with a small frown. Marissa's been working for my family for over twenty years.

"Last week I found out that I am sick. With the treatment, my doctor doesn't think it's a good idea for me to work."

I see Bey's face sadden as her body slumps down slightly. "Oh, Marissa..."

"Please, don't pity me. I've lived a wonderful life. If it's my time to go, then that's okay. The only thing is, is that the treatment is expensive and El would like to help me, but she's had a hard time finding work."

"Marissa, we'll pay fah yuh treatment, so dun even worry about dat."

"I wouldn't be able to accept that, Ms. Rih-"

"You can and you will." Bey cuts her off with her motherly voice.

I see marissa's eyes water before she gives us a soft smile. "Thank you. Truly. Thank you."