Chapter 25 - Getting in touch

I'm speechless. What is Gale doing at my door? I don't wanna look at Peeta. Last time Gale and I were together, we kissed and I almost lost Peeta.

-"Gale", Peeta says," I'm so glad you could make it man. Come on in"

I glance at Peeta. He invited him over?

-"Thanks", Gale says. He looks at me and smiles lightly.

-"Gale, what are you doing here?", I ask. I may sound rude but I don't care.

-"I invited him over", Peeta says." Is there any problem Katniss?"

-"No... no, of course not", I say. I walk to Gale and hug him awkwardly. He smiles at me. Then we walk back to the table; Annie and Johanna turn around and look at Gale. Annie glances at me. She knows what happened the last time Gale, Peeta and I were in the same room. They both stand up and greet Gale.

-"I'll go get you dishes", I say to Gale and quickly make my way to the kitchen. I'm looking for a vase when I feel a strong pair of arms grab me by my waist.

-"Are you okay?", Peeta whispers to my ear. I turn around , look at him and grab his hands.

-"Why did you invited him over?, I ask

-"Because I saw him the other day and invited him over. I don't want you guys to be mad at each other anymore. Okay?"

-"Okay", he twirls me around and pulls me closer to him. I smile and kiss him softly.

-"I love you", I say.

-"I love you more", he says

-"Impossible"

-"Why?", he teases me.

-"Because I said so". I say and he laughs

-"Okay then, if you say so, he says and his lips crash in mine.

Annie, Johanna and Gale were already into a conversation when we came back.

-"Here you go", I say as I hand Gale his things.

-"Thanks Katniss", I frown little. He never called me by my name; he always called me Catnip. He  feels so distant.We eat in silence and then Peeta brings dessert.

-"So Gale, what have you done lately?, Peeta asks

-"Well, after the rebellion I moved to District 2 and started working as a soldier there", he says.

-"What about you Johanna?, I ask driving the attention of Gale.

-"I went back to 7 and tried to live a normal life. However, I failed. Many horrible memories. And I realized I have no one or nothing keeping me on 7. So when I heard about the Carnival I came to find you guys. And then I saw you Katniss and Peeta and I felt like a was finally home. Peeta has been with me through a lot and Katniss... You guys make me remember that even in our darkest times, you need to have hope. And that's what you guys gave me. Hope. Hope that life can go on, and get better"

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
I had a lot of feels while writing that last part. Anyways , almost 10K!! Thank you guys a lot. I never thought that much people would read my story. Ilygsm
Love,
-LC