part 15

jay ran in behind attwater followed by hailey then ruzek then voight. they split up "clear" "clear" "clear" they all called as they moved around the warehouse. then jay called "i got her. she's in here"
"hey stella you're okay. you're okay." he reassured her. she was barely awake but she could hear him. "hey chicago pd stop right there" attwater called out "suspect's on the run sarge" jay stayed with kidd but everyone else went to help kevin. "severide came behind us. come on, i've called an ambo, let's go see him"
stella smiles as jay helped her up. she was sore all over and limped out of the warehouse but kelly ran straight over to her and picked her up "i'm so glad you're okay. i was so worried about you" he said as tears fell down his face. "did i miss the wedding?" stella asked weakly and they both laughed.
"we got him jay" they heard over the radio and they all smiled in relief.
"the ambo should be here any second" jay said to boden, "thanks jay" "yeh, of course" he said as he got in his car and drove off.
*at med*
kelly hadn't left stella's side since they got there. dr manning had been her doctor but dr choi came in to do a quick check up "we have to stop meeting like this" he said as he walked in. kelly laughed "she's asleep at the moment" kelly told him "it's okay i just need to check her vitals" kelly smiled.
*the next day*
stella got discharged but she still had a few weeks before she could be cleared for active duty so, as stella did for him, kelly took those weeks off as well so that he could take care of her.
kelly took her home and they collapsed on the couch and both fell straight to sleep.