part 18

part 18
*the next morning*
kelly's alarm went off and woke him up he rolled over to see how stella was doing but she wasn't there. then he heard the tv so he got up and went into the kitchen when he saw stella sitting on the couch. he went over and said "babe how long have you been awake?" "oh, not long. i just didn't wanna wake you" she said with a small smile. "okay" kelly said "you want some coffee and breakfast?" "yeh i'll come help" stella replied. then they went off to shift.
after that shift they got home and went straight to bed again.
that night the same thing happened. stella was lying with her head on kelly's chest when she started breathing heavily and quickly when she sat up this time not waking kelly up though and instead of going over to the couch and turning the tv on she looked over at the clock. 3:14am. she lay in bed awake. she may there until the alarm went of at 6:30am. stella pretended to be asleep and waited for kelly to wake up, he did and then she acted as if she'd just woken up. they went to get coffee and breakfast then they went to shift.
it was a slow shift again and kelly was on his way to his office to do some paperwork when he saw stella asleep on his bunk. stella woke up when she heard the door open and close "hey what are you doing in here?" kelly asked "and why are you so tired?" stella saw him and said "i came in here looking for you and i guess i just fell asleep. sorry i'll get out" stella got up but kelly stopped her at the door "hey, heyyyy wait. stella stop. talk to me. what's up? why are you so tired? did you have another bad dream last night? i'm your husband you're supposed to tell me this stuff. so that i can help you" stella considered telling him about it all but she just couldn't not after what happened. "kelly, i would never lie to you" stella felt incredibly bad while saying this but she knew it was the only way "i had a bad dream a couple nights ago, the night i watched tv. nothing happened last night i was just a bit tired this morning and then i was waiting for you in here and i must have fallen asleep."

*i know they wouldn't come back from shift in the evening or have shift the next day but it was the only way it worked so just ignore it haha*