part 21

kelly and stella woke up to their alarm because they were on shift that day. stella got up and put one of kelly's button up shirts on then went into the kitchen to make some breakfast for the both of them. kelly came into the kitchen shortly after and hugged her from behind with his head on her shoulder. "what are you making?" kelly asked slightly laughing "well, i was trying to make you some eggs but some how i burned them" she said as they both started to laugh "why don't you just leave it to me in the kitchen babe" he said while cracking some new eggs into a frying pan "i was just trying to make up for the last few days, for everything" stella said seriously now "stell babe you have nothing to make up for. i'm just glad that you're okay" kelly said then kissed her forehead. stella got plates out and put some bread in the toaster for the both of them then sat at the counter on her phone. "hey have you seen this" stella said looking at her phone "what?" kelly asked looking over her shoulder "the girl that us two got out of that fire the other day? she made a full recovery" stella told kelly "wow that's great" kelly replied with a smile on his face. then the toast popped up all black "would you look at that. i can't even make toast" stella said as kelly laughed earning a slap on the back of the head "hey! cooking may not be my thing but i have many other redeeming qualities" stella said "oh i know you do" kelly replied "but toasting bread isn't cooking you literally just have to put it in a toaster and wait" he continued. "oh be quiet" stella said why leaning in for a kiss.