Zanvis Apocolypse AU --- PT.9

Third person POV

Zane ran far and fast, his feet pounding against the leafy (swear to god) ground. The quick movements and small cry's alerted a few walkers, them following in suit. He breathed shakily, his face stained with tears and his eyes foggy with them.

'Why did it have happen like this..? She was the one who started it..'

Zane just couldn't take the pain in his heart that Travis comforted her for lashing out like that. It was obviously fake, the crying, the victimization. How could it be that someone who was so sweet, so caring and loving and knew right from wrong, just was to goddamn stupid..?

Zane eventually reached an abandoned neighborhood, taking shelter inside. Thankfully, he made it into one of the houses as it started raining, only the under part of his shoes getting a bit wet in the muddy surface of the ground.

Zane sniffled, hugging himself. Winter was nearing, which meant he'd have to find a new assortment of clothes if he didn't want to freeze to death. He llopened the closet, looking through the selection present. Boots, long socks' and some fingerless gloves.

He put them on the bed, going to the other rooms. He walked into a room where the walls were a lime green color, the wall and floor covered in either blood or dirt, with shredded up comics and posters. Zane waltzed over, picking up a piece of one of the posters.

A tiny smile reached his lips. "Superheros..classic.". He set it down, going to the closet. Before he opened it, he stopped. He heard slight wheezing coming from the closet, seeing something move in the little crack between the two little doors. He took out his dagger, having it ready just incase.

He gulped, throwing the door open. He was ready to shank a bitch, but gasped when he saw a little boy. He looked to be at least 10 or 11. He got down on one knee. "Are you alright..?". He softly asked, laying them on the bed. The boy coughed and wheezed, his stomach growling like hell.

"H-..hungry..pl-please..". He whimpered, holding a hand out to Zane. It was so small..so shaky. Zane nodded. "Give me one minute..". With that, he ran out the room. He looked through all the cupboards in the kitchen, finding two and a half cans of beans. He grabbed them, scurrying upstairs.

He sat the boy up, opening the can with his knife, obviously cleaning it first. He then gave it to the boy, watching as he ate hungrily. He have him time to eat before asking anything.

-ts-

After the boy was finished, he set the cans down. Zane gently sat next to him. "Where are your parents..?". He asked. He cursed himself in his head, thinking that wasn't the best thing to ask first. "..dead..like everyone else..". He muttered. Zane sighed softly. "Im so sorry-". The boy cut him off. "They deserved it..".

He was taken back. "Why did they derserve dieing?". The boy looked at him. His eyes were dull. "..they abused me and my brother..everyday..". He whispered. Zane showed empathy, gently putting a hand on his shoulder. "Im so sorry..that must've been horrible to experience at such a young age..".

He shrugged carelessly. "You can't be hurt by things if you're used to them..I was used to the whips, the burns, and laughing stock I was..I was immune to those things..because I grew up with them..".

For a little kid, he seemed to have some sense of the world. A lot don't, hence why they're either dead or going to die. Zane stood up. "I can leave you be if you want..". He offered. "No no..i-it's nice having someone thats not dead to talk to..and by talk I mean rips my lips off for dinner.".

Zane smiled lightly. "I'll be in the other room.". The boy nodded, sitting down and thinking. With that, Zane left the room. He decided to give up on Travis, throwing all those memories away. All that mattered now was Zane, and his survival along with the kid's. And he's willing to keep that kid alive, even if there's tough things he'd habe to go through to do it.

But anythings possible if you're determined to carry out with what you started with.