Zanvis Apocolypse AU --- P.10

Just to clarify, p.9 was meant to be after Zane and Gene's group got seperated by a heard, and Travis was on Zane's mind. Sorry for the mess up. (And this chapters kinda shortish)

Zane's POV

I stretched my arms and legs, sitting up from the slightly dirty, but overall clean bed. I swung my legs over the side, my feet touching the firm wood floor. I yawned softly, walking out the room. That was the first time I've slept decently in a long time.

I opened the boy's room, seeing him up. He was tieing his shoes, wearing a whole new wardrobe. "Hey kiddo..had a good sleep?". He asked, leaning against the doorframe. The boy shrugged, standing. "It could've been better". He said. He stood up, walking by Zane.

Zane sighed. "Well, Im going on a run. Do you want to come with or stay here?". The boy looked at him. "I guess I'll go..get out of the house". He grabbed his bookbag, putting a dagger in it. "Wow, is that a butterfly dagger?" Zane asked.

 "Wow, is that a butterfly dagger?" Zane asked

He looked at the knife in his hand. "Oh, this? It used to be my brothers..he gave it to me before we were seperated..". Zane walked over. "Don't worry..I'll help you find him..". He reassured. The boy gasped, looking at him. "Y-..you'd do that for me..? Why..?". He asked.

Zane put a hand on his shoulder. "I know what it feel like to want to find the one person I loved..". The boy looked up in confusion. "Loved..?". Zane sighed. "Yes, loved. He was my everything, I needed him and he needed me..but..something inside him changed..". Zane spoke.

"I never did anything wrong to him..at least thats what I thought..once I said what I said..he just looked at me differently..pure hatred was all I could find in those now dull, emerald green eyes..". Zane quietly said.

The boy looked down, nodding. "I-im sorry..". He said, Zane just shook his head. "Its alright..I knew the time would come eventually..". Zane forced all those memories out of his mind, for he did not want to dwell on someone who might've deleted him from their memory completely.

Travis's POV

I kicked the dirt and rocks below my feet, my heart aching. I missed him..I needed him..but he just ran off..

I should've never snapped on him..he was the only thing keeping my smile going through this fucked up world. I just couldn't stand seeing those shiny diamond eyes going dull fron what I was saying. It hurt too much..

Katelyn held my hand firmly, us sitting outside. I sighed, feeling too stressed for this shit. Maybe..maybe Zane just got rid of me in his memories..maybe he found someone else.

Katelyn turned my head her way. "You alright Travy?". She asked, lightly rubbing his cheek with her thumb. Travis sighed, nodding. "Just..stressed..". He said. Katelyn nodded. "You shouldn't focus on stuff thats gonna mess up your mind.". She said.

"Just focus on now, and this". She said, kissing him. Travis kissed back, thinking that it was Zane the whole time. They didn't notice someone capturing a picture of them.

The figure smirked, returning to their group. The picture was clear as day, and you could see clearly the two's lips locked.

Oh, this was gonna be incredibly fun.