Vylante

Third Person POV

Vylad sighed, walking home in the humid weather and the harsh rays of the sun burning his head and skin. He knew this would happen, but he wouldn't let him hold his delicate heart.

It was too fragile for a player like Dante.

Vylad soon arrived home, throwing his bag on the floor amd plopping on his bed, scrolling through his phone. He was thinking back to earlier, laying sideways and hugging his pillow close, sighing dreadfully.

"Why'd you have to steal my heart you asshole..". He muttered.

~Earlier That Day~

It was around 12-12:30a.m., and Vylad was sitting in his 5th period, copying down notes from his laptop. He had his headphones on, along with a bunch of other students too. He was listening to random podcasts, not in the mood for music.

He paused on his writing, laughing a bit at the topic of the conversation these people were talking about. Vylad assumed someone came late, because he saw the door open and in came him.

Dante.

Vylad's little moment died down, him rolling his eyes and finishing up his notes for the test later that week. He then closed his notebook, setting it off to the side while he took out his Spanish homework. He had vocabulary to do, and he had to write an essay on a Spanish country. He chose Panama, aince it was the easiest but most complex.

He mentally groaned, seeing that the teacher had thrown in some love terms in Spanish. He didn't know what they meant, and skipped them. He continued to complete the ones he did know, and packed up. Everyone else followed along in suit, the bell ringing in a minute or so.

Vylad felt a tap on his shoulder, removing an earbud. "Yes?". He turned around. "Heyyy Vylad, buddyyy". Dante laughed. He swung an arm aroumd Vylad's shoulder, ruffling his hair. "Ugh, what do you want Dante?". He asked, annoyed.

Dante grinned. "I need those notes for that test. Nicole and I got carried away last night and I completely forgot about them. Mind helping a friend out?". He suggested. Vylad's heart felt duller and duller the more he said that.

But it was fine. Vylad didn't need love. He'd rather have an open window for opportunities than be caught up on some petty crush that would only result in his heart being destroyed. He rolled his eyes again. "Not my problem.". He said, walking away. Dante pulled Vylad back by his bookbag handle, Vylad growling and shoving him.

Dante didn't budge, just starring blank faced. "What the hell is wrong with you?!". He snapped. Dante shrugged. "A lot of things. Now what do I have to do to convince you to help me out?". Vylad turned away. Oh how badly he wanted to say to break up with that bitch and be with him instead.

But he didn't.

Because he knew in the end, all of the relationships Dante had been in were just games.

And he was not about to fall in this helpless love trap, and come out with a broken heart.

Vylad groaned. "Fine. I'll help you if you help me do my Spanish homework.". Dante laughed. "You've got yourself a deal Ro'meave!". He stuck his hand out. Vylad just barely shook his finger, leaving..

~TS to Lunchtime~

Vylad sat in an empty classroom. He always came here during lunch. Mainly because he could focus and it was peaceful. It was an old art room too so there were little paint splatters on the walls and floor, making the room even more unique.

Vylad checked the time. 'Tsk, late. Like always". He heard the door slide open. "Wassup Vyladmister, my side man, my broski." Dante laughed. Vylad wanted to die. "Just sit down.". He groaned. "Sheesh, buzzkill.". He sighed. He sat next to Vylad, taking out his notebook.

Vylad had all his stuff set down, opening his laptop. "Alright, so, I summarized all the important dates and details so even a moron like you could understand". He smiled sarcastically. Dante took a moment, thinking. "Okay 1. Rude. 2. What does summarize mean?".

"..please,please be joking.". Vylad begged, putting his head in his hands. He took a deep breath before shaking his head. "We're getting off topic.". He said. Just copy down the stuff I highlighted, since those are the key details you'll need to know."

Dante nodded and began copying it down. After some time went by, Dante was done. "Alright, now to keep my end of the deal.". He said, putting his notebook away. He took a look at Vylad's Spanish vocab, laughing. "Really? This is cakework.". He said.

"Querida encantadora means lovely dear. It's a formal compliment you give to usually a loved one or a significant other.". He said, moving his chair closer. Vylad lightly blushed, trying to focus on writing that down.

Dante was close enough now to where Vylad could feel his breath on his neck. It was killing him on the inside. "Ella es mi amor, ella es mi vida means she is my love, she is my life. It's the same thing but for a guy it'd be El instead of Ella". He said.

Vylad nodded. "Te amo means I love you". He said. Vylad felt his face heat up more. He tried to force the thoughts away. He couldn't give in. Dante disn't mean it, and he never would say it to Vylad if he did.

After Vylad was done, him and Dante practiced repeating the phrases back to each other. "So, start off with a nice introduction. Hola, me llamo Dante, como estas usted?". (Translation- "Hello, my name is Dante. How are you?"). Vylad's heart fluttered.

How could this asshole of a player sound so genuine and attractive talking in a different language? Vylad repeated it back, Dante giving him the thumbs up.

~After all that biz~

Vylad and Dante were packed up, ready to head off to their next class. Dante was telling Vylad a story, Vylad giggling and listening. It was..enjoyable, Vylad had to admit. After the laughter between the two died down, Dante looked down at Vylad.

"Hey Vylad?".

"Yeah Dante?".

"Te amo".

Vylad stopped laughing, looking up at Dante. Dante had a sweet smile on, holding Vylad's hands gently. Vylad's face become hot again, Dante lifting his chin. He leaned closer, Vylad's heart speeding up. Both closed their eyes, accepting it.

Until..

Vylad heard laughter.

And as other male coming from around the table.

Travis.

"Did you get it dude?".

"Hell yeah! That was priceless!".

Travis and Dante laughed. Vylad clutched his heart. He looked down. "...". Dante put a hand on his shoulder. "Awe c'mon bud, it was hilarious!" He laughed. Vylad then harshly slapped him, running out the room.

Tears filled his eyes, but he refused to let them fall. Shame on him for believing that Dante was different. Shame on him for getting too close. Shame on him for letting Dante take advantage of him

This was what he was avoiding..

This was why he always kept his feelings aside..

Because this is what happens..

He got played, like everyone else..

Once a player, always a player..

A valuable lesson Vylad learned.

Never again was he gonna let his emotions come before his mind. Never ever ever again.

..never..