Ch 12

I felt like I couldn't breath as I stood across from Finn my hand burning and turning red as we yelled at one another

I felt like I couldn't breath as I stood across from Finn my hand burning and turning red as we yelled at one another. I could see him fighting back the urge to cry as I exclaimed that Edward was right I had no business being with a Shelby. The pain hit in waves. Every sob rippling through my body as my knees hit the floor and Arthur pulled a distraught Finn out of the building.
"You said I was enough for you!" Finn screamed.

"I was wrong." My sisters were surrounding me within seconds trying to get me away from the stares. Before the bathroom door closed I locked eyes with Catherine. She looked so pleased with my pain. I told you so danced off her lips as Edward walked towards me.

"This is for the best little fish," he cooed. "Take her home girls. I'll be home by the morning."

The carriage ride was silent as I tried to tell myself it was going to be okay. Finn and I were still together. We were going to be okay. We had to be okay.
"Jo?" Fran placed her hand on my knee. "Jo tell me that was staged. Tell me even if it's a lie." My sisters voice shook. I turned to her my eyes blank. It felt so real like someone had ripped my heart out of my chest and stomped on it until it was a pile of mush.

"He didn't want Edward to kick me out." I mumbled. "Said this was the only way."

"Oh Josephine. My sweet baby sister that boy would give you the world. Why does Edward not see that?" We were both crying now as she escorted me up to Frans room and we informed the rest of the Jennings girls about the plan Finn had to keep us together.

"What if his plan doesn't work. What if we get caught?"

"We will make sure you don't," Beth spoke up with such confidence that I felt my mind calming down but a little voice in my head kept whispering you and Finn don't end up together which made me only cry harder.