Ch 29

"You've lost trust havnt you?" Finn questions as we stand outside the Garrison

"You've lost trust havnt you?" Finn questions as we stand outside the Garrison. I'm standing a few feet away from him watching as he does his best to blow the cigarette smoke away from me but failing as the wind catches it. He almost looks lost as his hand runs through his hair and his eyes meet mine again. Sorrow. That's what's looking at me. Not love. Maybe regret. Maybe guilt. But I can't quite see the love not right now.

"If I say no will you believe me?"

"No probably not," Finn mumbles. "But Jo I need you to believe I was putting a stop to it."

"You realize why I'm having issues with that don't you!?" I snap stepping away from him when he reaches for me. "She was practically naked and kissing you Finn. That happened. That wasn't a dream. No I saw that with my own bloody eyes."

"Josephine please."

"Do you remember when we were five and you pushed me down in the garden and I scraped my knee?" Finn nodded. "Well think about this like that. I didn't tell your family. But I knew it happened. You knew it happened. And my scraped knee took time to heal. This to will take time to heal." I placed my hand on his cheek whipping the tear away. "So yes Finn I've lost trust. But I'm in love with you. Despite my better judgment. Despite the fact I saw you with another women. Maybe it's because I'm having your child. Or maybe it's because I know you well enough to know you never intentionally try to hurt me. But let this scraped knee heal Finn."