Ch 37

I am learning at to young of age that you can't trust anyone but yourself and even then trusting oneself is questionable

I am learning at to young of age that you can't trust anyone but yourself and even then trusting oneself is questionable. Finn and I were confused about what happened at the family meeting. Why we were spared when the rest of the shelbys were sentenced to hang. Why Tommy of all people granted us a free pass. Of course he stopped his family from actually being hung but having that rope around one's neck changes your outlook on life. Polly was losing her mind. Arthur and Linda has moved as far away as they could and John and Esme had also found a home in the country. The shelbys were divided.
"Let's go back to Paris," Finn finally spoke. "We will bring Ada and Karl. Hell we will even bring Pol if she lets us shove her in the bloody car."

"So again we are running?" I frowned. "Do you really believe that will solve anything."

"It will keep us alive Josephine." Finn snapped. "I lost our baby I'm not losing you to."

"Paris isn't our home Finn." I argued. "No matter how hard we pretend it is. And don't go saying wherever we are together is home enough for you because it's not love. It's bloody not."

"I know Jo. I just hate that my family is proving Edward right. Being a Shelby isn't safe."

"I don't care if they're safe or not as long as we're together. Okay. As long as we're together."