Ch 27

Faithful wasn't exactly a word in the Shelby vocabulary

Faithful wasn't exactly a word in the Shelby vocabulary. Not to my brothers at least. I was taught at a very young age that in the business we were in it was okay to have whores. To date multiple women. To break hearts as we pleased. I didn't want that life. No the life I wanted was Jo sitting beside me on a porch swing her blonde hair streaked with white, and her hands wrinkled from time. Her being away from me made my mind struggle to concentrate on work instead it played off the dark idea of French men trying to woo her. Of course jo would turn them down her soft voice never skipping a beat as she kept on her way, but jealousy ate at my heart. I didn't want those French men looking at her with hungry eyes. No I wanted her here. Our limbs tangled and her laugh filling the house.

"You miss her." It wasn't a question that left Ada's lips no she knew. She saw right through me...I hated that. "Few more days Finn then she will be home."

"I know," I grumbled. "Still feels like a lifetime though."

"When did you get so dramatic little brother?" Ada ruffles my hair. "I bet you Jo is acting the exact same way right now. Desperate to see you."

"I'm not desperate." I argue. That's a lie. I'm so desperate. It's causing me to lose sleep. To miss meals. To be so easily distracted. "Okay maybe I am desperate, but don't dare tell anyone."

"Your secrets safe with me Finn. You know that."

Two more days. That's all I had to wait. Why was this so hard. Was it this hard for everyone and they just were better at hiding it or did Josephine Jennings make me weak. Shelby men shouldn't be weak.
"Excuse me, are you Finn?" A women walked into the betting shop she was wearing a dark trench coat and her black hair was carefully pinned behind her head. I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful features. She wasn't the same kind of beautiful as Jo she was exotic. Intriguing. The kind of women John would fall to his feet for.

"Are you looking for one of my brothers?" I questioned leaning back in my chair. She bit her lip undoing the tie of her coat. The fabric fell at her feet revealing lingerie and my breath caught in my throat. Jo. Think about jo Finn. "Mam I'm going to have to ask you to leave." I stood up going for her coat and putting it around her shoulders. Her hand reaches for my crotch and I couldn't stop from moaning as her hand gently caressed me through my pants. "Please leave."

"You don't sound convincing mr Shelby."

"I have a fiancé," her lips found my neck. Push her away finn push her away. "Leave."

"Is that what you really want?" Her lips were so close to mine. What did she taste like. No I didn't want to know. Did I?

"I want..."her mouth stop me. Her kiss wasn't graceful. It was venom soaked and devious.

"What is it you want Finn?" The world stopped and I shoved the whore away.

"Jo wait! Please jo wait!" She was home. Fuck why was she home right now.