Ch 25

Josephine Jennings was the youngest of four

Josephine Jennings was the youngest of four. She never met her mother. The memories of her father barley exist, but yet she stayed full of love. Of course the young girl was a troublemaker. She grew up besides the shelbys. She kept her sisters on their toes and she lived a life worth envying. She was the girl who fell in love with her best friend. A definition of a cliche and if you were to ask her if she would change one thing about her life the only thing would be that she didn't lose the people she loved so early. Is that the kind of thing they would say about me at my funeral? Would I to be a girl gone to soon. Or would the dreams I had of grey hair and rocking chairs as grandchildren giggled at my feet come true. What was I destined for. A life of heartbreak and depression or a life of love and joy. Maybe it would be a mixture of both. I think I could live with that as long as the joy overpowered. As long as I didn't lose myself.

"Do you think there's more for me?" I questioned ignoring the things Lizzie was trying to teach me. "Or am I destined for nothing. We thought Frances was destined for so much and look at what happened to her."

"Josephine you don't need more and what happened to your sister was a tragedy, but I know she wouldn't want to see you like this. She wouldn't want you questioning your value because she is not here. You need to be yourself jo. Unapologetically. The rest will fall into place." Lizzie insisted. "You don't need to fake being strong."

"If I admit I'm not holding it together they'll worry though. I don't need them to worry," my voice cracked as I walked into the women's embrace.

"They worry because they care. It's not a bad thing Jo. Having people care for you is not a bad thing."