Ch 34

Like Ada loved Freddie

Like Tommy loved Grace.
Like Beth loved Tommy.
Like Finn loved Jo and finally like Jo loved Finn.
These are the things currently haunting my mind. The cold reality of how starkly different loving and having loved is. Do I still love Finn? In many ways yes. Finn Shelby is the boy who first stole my heart. The boy who picked me up when I fell and who gave me a love I didn't know I deserved. Yet that was Finn Shelby the boy. Finn Shelby the man wears a peaked cap with a Razor blade sewn into it. I knew he would. So why was I so surprised to see it happen. Why was I acting like somehow he had betrayed me by turning into the only male role models he had.
"You don't mean that," Finn croaked. "You can't mean that we're Finn and Jo we are supposed to make it!"

"According to what?!" I demand. "Because it's clear to me we are over our heads!" I through my hands up before going back to pack my bags. "Yelling at me isn't fighting for me Finn. No matter how loud your voice gets."

"When did you become such a bitch?" Finn hissed.

"When you became the new Tommy Shelby." I stormed out of the house, unable to handle this anymore. We were shattering right before our eyes and neither of us were willing to raise a white flag. I loved him. I love him. I'm leaving?

"I'll go with you to Paris."

"What??"

"If that's what I need to do to prove to you you're it for me. You're enough. I'll be on the first train out with you."

"What if we get there and nothing changes what then?"

"Then we admit defeat but I'm not ready for that just yet."