CHAPTER ONE: THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS AND (Y/N) HENDERSON

The Vanishing of Will Byers and (Y/N) Henderson

Part One

November 6th, 1983

November 6th, 1983

Hawkins, Indiana

A low rumble filled the crisp night sky of Hawkins with an eerie presence. Growls from an unknown beast could be heard from a mile way but of course no one thought very much of it. After all, this is Hawkins we're talking about right? Nothing ever happend here.

Clouds swallowed up the stars in the night sky as the trees were blown around in a soft but off-putting breeze. Just beyond the trees stood a huge building, blocked off from any civilization, sitting all alone out in the dense forest.

The building was surrounded by sharp jagged fences to keep intruders from getting in. Guards were stationed outside and inside of the large building, equipped with large rifles that could take someone down in the blink of an eye. The signs that were hung on the tall fence swung dangerously in the wind, squeaking as it's rust covered bolts shifted.

Hawkins National Laboratory

U.S. Department Of Energy

The Laboratory had always had an eerie feel to it for the people that worked there. For the people who are forced to be there. None of them had a choice, except for the ones at the top of the food chain.

Down the depths of the Laboratory, in a long windowless hallway, the lights that lined the ceiling started to flicker one by one, leaving the hallway in darkness for a moment before it lit up again in an endless cycle. In the midst of the flickering lights, a loud siren blared out, cutting through the thick silence that layed over the long hallway.

The low rumble continued as the single metal door at the end of the hallway slammed open, revealing a staggering Scientist, his face pale with fear as he sprinted down the hall at a fast pace. His heart pounded in his ears, muffling any noise around him.

Nearly falling over, the Scientist drifted around the bend in the hallway, his hand gripping the corner as he held himself up. Breathing heavily, the Scientist pushed himself beyond his physical capabilities, running over to his saving grace at the end of the hallway. The freight elevator.

As soon as he got close enough to the metal doors, he frantically slammed his hand on the 'Call Down' button as he prayed for his life. The button lit up, signalling it's decent as his stomach twisted and turned anxiously.

The more he waited for the elevator, the more scared he got. The more times he looked over his shoulder, the more he realized the weight of the situation. The chances of him making it out alive were very low but not zero and in a situation like this, he would take those statistics any day.