Chapter 02.

gif of Delilah played by Yara Shahidi below

** edited 13/01/2021**

Elle's POV

Saturday 15th September 2018

        "Floor 3, Room 34A," I mumbled to myself as the elevator doors opened on floor 3, I wheeled the trolley of bags out of it and started heading down the hall, scanning the doors for room 34A. "Aha!" I smiled and pushed my key into the lock, twisting it open.

When I walked in I was expecting to find a large room with one single bed, seeing as I had requested a private room. However, I was met with a large room with two single beds - one on each side of the room and sat on one already was a girl. "Hi?" I squeaked and she pulled her earphones off, her whole face lighting up with excitement.

"Hey," she basically shrieked. "You must be my new roommate... Wait don't tell me, I remember the name!" She said, jumping off of the bed, her eyes looking around the room as she tried to remember my name.

 "It's Elena, but everyone calls me Elle," I half-heartedly laughed and she snapped her fingers, nodding.

 "That's it! I knew it," she said and then came over to me to wrap her arms around me. "Sorry, I'm a little bit excited. This is my sophomore year, and in my freshman year I had this bitch roommate who always smoked and brought home guys, I'm just happy to be away from her and have someone new!"

 I smiled and nodded. "Sorry, I'm a little confused... I was expecting a private dorm?" I shrugged, looking around.

 The girl cocked her head slightly. "They probably fucked up the roomings, but honestly it's way better having a roommate than being alone. And the fact that I'm great," she winked and I found my anxiety lifting a little bit and I laughed. She seemed lovely and I was slightly glad I'd have a friend here.

 "I guess, and I'm so glad to have met someone already," I grinned happily.

 "Definitely! I'm Delilah, by the way, but call me whatever you want," she said, walking back over to her side of the room to collapse down on the bed.

I took my time to look at Delilah and get a feel for her - she was a petite girl, maybe five foot two with dark skin and black hair that she had pulled back into tight braids, she was dressed in some simple acid wash jeans and a cropped knitted jumper.

"Well Elle, I am meeting up with some friends in ten minutes. Do you want to come?" She asked and I shook my head.

 "I have loads of unpacking to do, but thank you," I said, dragging my stuff further into the room closer to my side.