Chapter 09.

**edited 14/01/2021**

Elle's POV

Wednesday 3rd October 2018

        It had been a week or so since Carson and I had made up and he kept his promise of keeping in touch more than he had before, we had been chatting over text every other day and he called me sometimes to see how I was. It was nice to go back to how it was before. Delilah wasn't too impressed that I was back with him, she kept reminding me of what he had said and what he had done and I knew he was out of line but couples argued. It was normal.

 "You look very in thought," Carrie said to me as she continued to run her paintbrush across her canvas. I was sat in Fine Art class with Carrie and Jordan, chatting about a party that was happening that weekend. 

 "Sorry, I zoned out," I laughed awkwardly, focusing back on the painting in front of me.

 "So is that a yes or a no?" Jordan asked with an amused expression on his face.

 "Um, to what?" I sheepishly asked.

 "Are you coming to the party this weekend? God, listen!" Carrie groaned, beginning to jab her paintbrush into the pot of paint beside her.

 I shook my head. "After the party I went to when I first got here I don't think I'll ever be going to one again," I chuckled.

 Carrie sighed. "You're boring - you know that? If you stick with us then you won't have to play stupid, invasive party games with the bad kids," she smiled.

 "The bad kids? Are we in high school again Carrie?" Jordan rolled his eyes, he was just staring at his blank canvas. With the due date being in a week I would be crapping myself if I hadn't even started my work.

 Carrie shrugged. "Have you seen them? They make Dracula look like a puppy in comparison," Jordan and I began laughing at her comparison which she responded to with a middle finger.

 "Sorry, that was just really funny," I wheezed, pretending to wipe a tear from my eye.

 Carrie huffed. "You guys are mean - are you coming to this party or what?"

 "As long as you don't ditch me and we have a plan on how to get home then yes, that's fine," I shrugged. "I don't want to feel stranded like last time."

 "You and your plans," Jordan groaned.

 "That's fine, you can stay at ours. We can walk there and get a cab back," Carrie told me and I nodded, taking my bottom lip between my teeth as I tried to shade in the black silhouette without messing up.

. . .

   My last class of the day ended early and so I decided before I headed back to the dorm to do some work I'd get a coffee from the cafe first. The cafe was luckily only a short detour from the dorms and I was there in no time, pushing open the glass doors.