Chapter 18.

**edited 14/01/2021**

Elle's POV

Friday 12th October 2018

         We walked into the party together, I had Ace's hand on the small of my back so he could lead me through the crowds of teenagers until we got into the kitchen to make some drinks. "I wanna get you to do a shot, Elle!" Delilah smirked wickedly, grabbing a bottle of Tequila from the table. She poured out three shots and handed one to me and then tried to give one to Ace. I inspected the amber colored liquid, even sniffing it before scrunching up my nose in horror.

 "I think I should probably stay sober tonight, make sure you two get home. I feel like it'll be a messy night," he said, politely declining the drink. Delilah shrugged and threw it back herself, gulping down the liquid without even flinching at the taste.

 "Don't pretend it's me you care about," she muttered, probably only expecting Ace to hear but I just caught on to what she said. Ace glared at her and I just threaded my eyebrows together in confusion. What did she mean? "Come on girl, lets get some alcohol into you," Delilah winked at me before I could think anymore about what she had just said. We clinked our shot glasses together and then I brought the plastic to my lips, allowing myself to take in the liquid in one gulp.

 "Jesus Christ," I coughed once I swallowed the burning liquid. I slammed the shot glass down onto the kitchen counter and groaned. "That's strong," I gagged.

 "More?" Delilah asked and before I could refuse, she had poured me another shot. "Come on," she winked and drank her next shot. I did the same but still had the same reaction as before, nearly throwing up on the floor.

 "Maybe that's enough shots," Ace laughed at me, shaking his head as he watched me struggle to get the taste to disappear.

 "Fine, tequila sunrise?" She asked and I nodded eagerly. She grabbed herself a beer from the fridge and then made my fruity drink with orange juice and grenadine with mainly tequila in it, handing to me when she was done. "Let's go find the others."

 I followed Ace and Delilah out of the kitchen, nearly jumping when Ace grabbed my hand so I wouldn't get lost in the crowd. I looked down at where our hands had connected and smiled to myself, my heart beginning to warm. He did care.

 "Hey bitches," Delilah grinned as we saw our friends, minus Nina, sat in a circle laughing. Delilah collapsed onto Maya's lap and gently pecked her lips.

 "Hey guys," Kit and James said back.

 "Hey Elle, looking gorgeous as always," Kit winked and I laughed, taking a seat next to him.

 "Thanks. Gotta admit I like my jeans more though," I joked and he chuckled.

 "Where's the wicked witch?" Delilah asked, I watched as Ace walked through the circle and sat himself down on a chair.

 "She went to the toilet- oh and there she is," James groaned as Nina walked towards the group in a hot pink strapless dress. 

 She smiled fakely at me. "Hey there Ella, love that dress," she waved at me.

 "It's Elle," I reminded her but she just ignored me and sat on Ace's lap. "Well then," I raised my eyebrows.

 "Shall we play a game?" Maya asked, trying to cut the thick tension that Nina had created. 

 Delilah perked up at the thought of games. "Never Have I Ever again? With shots this time," she said and before anyone answered jumped up to go and collect a bottle of liquor and shot glasses. She came hopping back only a few moments later and handed everyone a shot glass, filling them up before sitting back down.