Chapter 15.

**edited 14/01/2021**

Elle's POV

Wednesday 10th October 2018

             It had been a few days since Ace and I hung out and I had a great time, we chatted like best friends for hours and laughed until my stomach hurt. After that he dropped me home and we haven't seen each other since, but I didn't mind because at least for once we weren't arguing.

 "Are you sure about this?" Delilah asked as I was shoving clothes into my backpack. My classes had been cancelled that day and so I was driving up to Carson's University to confront him, we hadn't spoken since the incident and I think I finally was ready to see him.

 "It'll be fine," I told her. "I'm not saying I'm gonna stay with him, I just need to talk to him. We never really broke up that night or anything, we need to talk about it."

 She sighed. "Only if you're sure and you need to call me when you get there and when you're headed home so I know you're safe, then when you're back we can bitch about him," she smirked and I rolled my eyes, zipping up my bag. I picked it up and threw it over my shoulder, retrieving my car keys from my bedside table.

 "I'll call you," I promised and headed for the door just as it swung open. "Jesus Christ, Ace, knock!" I whined as the door nearly hit me.

 "Sorry," he laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Where are you off to? You look like a woman on a mission," he teased.

 "She's going to see Carson," Delilah raised her eyebrows, wanting to see her friend's reaction.

 Ace snapped his gaze over to me, he did not look happy. "Like hell you are! He hit you, Elle," Ace snapped.

 "I tried telling her," Delilah sang like she was saying 'I told you so'. I rolled my eyes at her.

 "And it's none of your business, both of you! I'm safe and I'll be fine, I just need to talk to him about what happens now," I explained, trying to push past Ace to get out of the door.

 "Then I'm coming with you," he said seriously but I immediately shook my head.

 "No, no way! That'd just infuriate him even more. I'm going there unannounced so he doesn't have time to plan a script of lies he's gonna tell me and then we're gonna chat about what happened," I explained. "That's all, I need to do this alone."

 Ace nodded slowly. "Call us if there's a problem," he said even though he seemed unsure.

 "I will, but right now I'm going," I said and waved to them both before leaving the dorm and walking out to the parking lot. I climbed into my car and set the Sat Nav to tell me where I was headed. Then, I set off.

. . .

   I got to Carson's dorm block around an hour and a half later, I knew which dorm room was his so I walked right up to it and went to raise my hand to knock but the door flew open and an unknown guy stood in it's place. "Oh, hi! Sorry, you must be Carson's roommate," I said awkwardly, dropping my hand to my side.

 "Uh yeah, I am. You must be his girl," he said to me and I nodded. "I'm Ryan, his roommate, I'm just heading out but I think he's in his room if he hasn't headed out already. Nice to meet you Janelle!" He said, and then walked past me and down the corridor.

 I wanted to turn and tell him he'd gotten my name wrong, but he was already gone and so I shrugged it off. Janelle is close enough to Elle, it was fine, I'd tell him next time I was here. I walked into the apartment and shut the door behind me. One of the bedroom doors was wide open and showed a very messy, disorganised room and so I assumed the one with the closed door was his.