Chapter 10.

**edited 14/01/2021**

Elle's POV

Wednesday 3rd October 2018

         I stood frozen for what felt like hours, playing his words in my mind over and over again. 

"I put up with you, we all do."

"I don't need shit from you, Elena."

"I could never be friends with a stuck up princess like you."

 I couldn't lie, his words stung. I didn't realise people perceived me as stuck-up without knowing a thing about me because I was far from it. I didn't realise the whole group put up with me because Delilah made them. I didn't realise he hated me as much as he did.

 When I could finally get the courage to move again, I turned around and began walking away from the dorms because I sure as hell was not going there. I was not going to risk bumping into him on the way. I didn't know where I was headed or when I would go back to the dorms but all I knew was that he had hurt me.

 I wiped the tears from my cheeks with the back of my hand, walking back in the direction of the cafe. I was also definitely not going back in there to be mocked by Nina for crying, I needed just to find somewhere to hide out.

 "Elle?" A soft voice came from the left of me, I looked over to see Kit sat on a bench outside of the cafe. I wanted to ignore him and continue walking after remembering what Ace had said but he stood up and walked over to me. "Hey, what's the matter?" He asked seriously, placing his hand on my shoulder.

 "He's a real fucking asshole, you know that right?" I said through my sobs, wiping my cheeks once again. 

 "Ace? What did he do?" Kit asked.

 "I don't want to get into it here, I don't need to be mocked any more by Nina for being pathetic," I scoffed, looking down at the floor to avoid his gaze. 

 "Then come with me, we can go to my dorm," he offered reassuringly. 

 "You live in the dorms?" I asked and he nodded.

 "The block next to yours. If we run into Ace I'll knock him out, I promise," he smirked and I found myself laughing through the tears, agreeing to follow him with a nod. "Good, come on then," he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and led me back down the road.

 When we got close to the dorms my heart hammered at the thought of Ace walking out and seeing me crying. I didn't need to give him more of an ego-boost. However we turned on the path and went into the block next to mine, taking the elevator to the second floor where Kit led me off and to the first door in. 

 He unlocked the door and pushed it open. "Excuse the mess, last year I had a roommate to tell me not to be such a slob," Kit laughed as I walked in and took in the look of his room. He had his own private room which meant he had a double bed in the corner of the room and a lot more space than I had.