Chapter 23.

**edited 16/01/2021**

Elle's POV

Friday 26th October 2018

        "You, Princess, are hard work," Ace smirked at me and I wordlessly nodded. "Come with me, I need to get my stuff." He held out his hand but instinctively I flinched away, recalling what I had just seen. His face screwed up in pain as he turned back around to face me. "Are you scared me of me after that?" He asked.

 "I... Don't know," I admitted breathlessly.

 He stepped forward and took my face into his hands. "Elle, I'd never... I'd never even think about hurting you, ever. Do you understand?" He looked between both of my eyes desperately looking for any emotion. I believed him.

 "Yes," I breathed.

 "Okay, good. Come with me," that time when he held out his hand, I didn't hesitate to take it and allow him to lead me out of the busy gym. We pushed through a door which led to a massive room which looked to be an old changing room. "You're never coming back to one of these."

 "I don't want you to come back to one of these," I laughed half-heartedly but I knew I meant it. "You could get hurt."

 He turned to me, a massive smirk on my face. "Elle, look at me. Am I injured? Does it even look like I've been in a fight?" He asked and I shook my head.

 "Other than the fact you're super sweaty, no," I joked and he laughed, shaking his head. "I just hate the idea," I shrugged, looking down. He walked over to me and placed his index finger under my chin, lightly pushing it so I was forced to look up at him.

 "I'm fine, Princess," he smiled. I watched his eyes flicker between my own and then down to my lips. 

 "I know, I just worry," I mumbled, suddenly becoming breathless. 

 He grinned mischievously, and then looked down at my clothing choice. "I've got to admit, this look is doing things to me. Who knew innocence could be so sexy?" he smirked and my cheeks heated. 

 "Delilah chose it out," I mumbled, watching his eyes drink every inch of my body in. 

 He took his bottom lip between his teeth and then just shook his head. "Fuck it," he said and then smashed his lips against mine, wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me close to him.

 I paused in a moment of shock before I got onto my tiptoes so he wasn't basically bending over to kiss me and I looped my arms around his neck, moulding my lips against his with the same desperation as he had. I surprised myself by confidently deepening the kiss by running my tongue against Ace's bottom lip, before moving it into his mouth.

Ace hummed in content, lifting me off of the ground and carrying me over to one of the benches where he laid me down onto it and then climbed on top of me, slotting himself between my legs.