Chapter 46.

**edited 21/01/2021**

Elle

Monday 24th December 2018

         It was Christmas Eve.

 Snow was swirling outside and settling nicely on the ground like a beautiful blanket of pure white and it sparked the most perfect Christmassy feeling inside of me. We hadn't had a white Christmas for years, and anyone who knew me knew I loved snow more than any other weather. I'd rather have flurries of snow than tropical sunshine outside.

 "Enjoying the view?" Ace said, walking towards me with two mugs of hot chocolate that my mom must've made. I was stood at the living room window, looking out at the young children making snowmen in their cute little coats and mittens.

 "Doesn't this time of year just make you so happy?" I said in awe, taking one of the mugs from his hand. "Thanks."

 Ace wrapped his arm around my waist and shrugged, looking out at the same magical scene that I was. "Not really, no," his voice was quiet, almost broken, which made me snap my eyes to him and they softened immediately at how vulnerable he looked.

 "Oh, Ace... I'm sorry," I said quickly. "I didn't mean to upset you."

 He gulped down whatever feelings he was experiencing. "M'not upset, what're you talking about?" He asked and I almost wanted to let out the deepest sigh ever, he always seemed to push down his emotions whenever they surfaced like they didn't matter. He needed to feel emotions, happiness and sadness, or they'd drive him to insanity. 

"You can talk to me about anything, you know that right?" I said to him, softly so that my voice didn't sound patronising and he glanced down at me, our eyes locking for a split second before he looked away again and nodded. 

 "What I want to talk to you about is your brothers and Cady going outside to make snowmen, I'm guessing you want to join?" He said with a tempting voice and a wide smile spread across my face.

 I nodded. "Yes! Lemme go get my coat on," I said giddily, putting my hot chocolate down on the windowsill so I could race to the coat closet and grab my winter coat and gloves. I shrugged my coat on and zipped it up before shoving gloves on my hands. "Are you coming, Ace?" I asked him hopefully.

 He walked out of the living room with our mugs and shrugged. "I will watch I guess," he said and I sighed but nodded nevertheless.

 "C'mon then," I motioned for him to follow me and I headed for the back garden. I squealed in excitement as I saw Sawyer and Cady trying to create the bottom of the snowman as Harley created the head, much smaller.

 "Here is the snowman expert herself, why is he all lumpy?" Sawyer yelled over to me once I had stepped out of the back door and I grinned at the sudden drop in temperature, sprinting over to the odd looking snowman they had started creating.