*Chapter 29.

**edited 18/01/2021**

Elle's POV

Monday 5th November 2018

         "What are you talking about, Ace?," I mumbled, rubbing my eyes tiredly. "He kissed me, he walked me to my door and before I knew what was happening, he kissed me."

 "Did you kiss him back?" he asked and I looked away, nodding. 

 "I did," I nodded. "But why does it matter?"

 "Then what?" Ace avoided my eyes, looking down at my feet. 

 "Ace, I don't think-"

 "Then what?" He raised his voice a little and I jumped slightly. 

 "Then he told me he liked me, he said I didn't have to give him an answer straight away and when I knew, I should call him. Then he left," I said and Ace nodded sharply, marching past me and into the kitchen. I followed him like a lost puppy, watching as he opened one of his cupboards and got out a bottle of Whiskey and a glass to pour it in. He spun the cap off and placed his lips to the rim of the bottle, completely disregarding the glass he had gotten out for himself as he gulped down the strong alcohol. I watched in horror as he took a few large gulps.

 "Did you call him?" Ace finally asked, slamming the bottle down onto the counter.

 "No," I replied calmly. 

 "Are you going to call him?" He asked, finally looking into my eyes.

 Was I? I thought of Kit as a friend and only a friend, he was sweet and attractive but in my eyes he was just Kit. Then I thought of Ace and my heartbeat accelerated, I felt dizzy and had butterflies in my stomach. However, Ace didn't want me, Kit did. "I don't know. He's a nice guy," I said honestly and he stumbled back, grabbing onto the counter to steady himself.

 "Don't say shit like that to me," his voice was strained and painful.

 "Why? You've told me very openly before that you won't and can't date me, so why I shouldn't I date someone else? Why shouldn't Kit tell me he likes me? Why shouldn't I stop him from kissing me, or touching me?" I said and Ace roared out in anger, he grabbed the bottle from the counter and launched it at the wall. I flinched back when the bottle hit the wall with a loud crash and shattered on the floor, amber liquid spilling across the room. "Ace, calm down!" I begged, but he was on a mission.

 "Did he touch you?" Ace seethed.

 "Ace-"

 "Did he touch you goddamnit?" He yelled, throwing his Whiskey glass against the wall also. 

 "No! No he didn't," I stepped forwards and placed my hand on his chest, looking up at him. "Why are you doing this? Why are you this angry?" I begged him for some answer to what the hell was going on.