Chapter 17.

**edited on 14/01/2021**

Elle's POV

Friday 12th October 2018

        "Okay get out of bed!" Delilah announced as she marched into our dorm room. "We're going to a party tonight and you are finally going to get out of those gross pyjamas and into this dress," she smirked and laid out a red dress on the bed. I forced myself to sit up and I picked up the dress, it was a beautiful red lace dress.

 "I don't fancy it," I shrugged and nuzzled myself back into bed.

 She sighed and sat down on the bed next to me. "Come on, Elle. It's been a few days now and you haven't left this bed, I'm worried about you," she mumbled whilst running her fingers through my hair. 

 It was true, the bed had been my best friend the last few days. I had gotten through boxes of cheap candy and watched my way through six seasons of the Vampire Diaries, but I was happy doing this and wanted to for a little while longer. It was called wallowing.

 I turned in the bed and looked at her. "Why? Why do I have to leave this bed? It's so comfy and I can't get cheated on if I don't leave it ever," I whined and she smiled lightly.

 "I thought you didn't care that you two broke up?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

 "I don't! I don't care that he's not in my life anymore but I care that I wasn't even good enough to keep him. He cheated on me, not just his girlfriend of six months but his best friend of over ten years. It's embarrassing, humiliating and I'm hurt," I admitted and she nodded. I had gotten over that we weren't together anymore, but I hadn't gotten over the humiliation of what he had done and the hurt that he had caused doing that to me.

 "I know, and that's why you need to come out with me tonight. We'll get drunk, we'll dance and we'll find a random guy for you to make out with," she grinned and clapped her hands together. "Sound good?" 

 I groaned louder and nuzzled my head into my pillow. "No, the only men I need right now are Stefan and Damon," I mumbled, nodding to The Vampire Diaries that was playing on my laptop screen.

 Delilah rolled her eyes. "Now that's just sad, Elle. You need to get out of this bed and show that asshole that you don't care about him or what he did to you," she poked me until I rolled and looked at her.

 I sighed and sat up again, nodding. "Fine, I'll come. But I'm not making out with anyone and if Nina says one thing I swear I will flip," I warned her and she laughed. "I mean it, I've had enough shit the past couple weeks. If she says something, I might have to punch a bitch."

 "God I'd love to see that!" She chuckled and then fell very serious. "I won't let her bother you," she reassured as she got off of my bed, heading for her wardrobe. I kicked the covers off of me and climbed out of bed, getting changed out of my outfit so I could get into the red lace dress she had gotten me.

 I kicked the covers off of me and climbed out of bed, getting changed out of my outfit so I could get into the red lace dress she had gotten me