Chapter 33.

**edited 21/01/2021**

Ace's POV

Sunday 18th November 2018

         "Hello Elle! It's so nice to hear from you," Elle's mom's voice came flooding through the phone and I felt my heart sink.

 "Hello Mrs Matthews, this is Elle's friend. My name is Ace," I explained and her mother fell very silent. "I'm calling to say Elle's been in an accident, she's fine but I've brought her to the hospital."

 Her mom gasped. "Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay?" her voice wobbled like she was crying or about to. I hoped she didn't cry, I don't know what the fuck I'd say to that. "What happened? Did she hurt herself?"

 I paused, pondering for a moment what that meant before I shook the thoughts from my mind. "She's okay, she's awake and talking but she's hurt. The doctors took her into a hospital room about fifteen minutes ago."

 "What happened to her?" Her mother frantically spoke.

 "She was attacked on her way home by a random man, he roughed her up a little," I told her honestly, not wanting to lie.

 "Do I need to fly over? Does she need me?" She rushed.

 "Uh- no, it's fine. She'll be okay, she's got a lot of friends that'll check up on her," I said awkwardly, not really knowing what to say.

 "Oh my baby, whenever she's able to talk get her to call me. Me and her brothers will really want to speak to her," she begged and I nodded before realising she couldn't hear me.

 "Of course, I'll let her know," I said.

 "Thank you," she said and then paused once again. "For looking after her, you did the right thing to take her into hospital."

 "Of course," I said back, looking down the hallway to see Delilah and Kit looking around frantically for me.

 "I'll be waiting for the hospital to call, thank you for calling me. Goodbye," her mother said before the line went dead. I brought the phone away from my ear and slipped it back into Elle's purse. 

 "Where is Elena Matthew's room?" A familiar voice yelled. I looked down the hallway to see Delilah and Kit talking to a nurse who looked slightly taken aback. 

 "Lil, over here," I yelled. Delilah caught my eye and sprinted down the corridor, throwing her arms around me once she got to me. I meekly returned the hug, allowing her to begin crying into the crook of my neck. 

 "Is she okay? I knew we should have walked her home!"

 I nodded. "She's fine, she was just dizzy... A little confused. She forgot her birthday when she was asked here," I sighed and collapsed onto one of the chairs outside the room.