Weaving & Winding

Error blinked as he messed up his strings. The intricate design he'd been making fell apart between his fingers. He sighed. He was sitting crisscross in the Void.

Blue sat across from him with his own set of string. He had it strung up between his fingerbones, though he'd only managed to achieve a simple pattern. Nothing at all like what had been Error's complicated web of overlapping and underlapping lines.

Blue seemed dismayed as he stared at the other. Error was quiet. Ink had sent him back to the Void quickly, after locating the human-creature. He'd told him to protect Blue. They were both sitting and Error had been trying to show Blue how to make a cat's cradle. Error blinked and began to gather up his string to start over.

"Error, the Magnificent Sans can't help but notice you're in distress!" Blue exclaimed, huffing. Error blinked and looked up at him, a brow raised. He opened his mouth to protest, but Blue shushed him. "No! I can tell! You're worried!"

Error blinked and looked to the side. "I-I-I-I-I'm n-n-n-n-not worried..." He muttered. Blue blinked and dropped his strings, crossing his arms. He glared softly at the other. Error blinked, tipping his head. "O-O-O-Okay... what?? Wh-Wh-What if I a-a-am worried?"

Blue blinked and lowered his arms, staring at him. "You're worried about Ink, aren't you?" At the question, Error shut down, his eyes wide. As he rebooted and came back, he heard laughter. He looked up in alarm before scowling in annoyance as he saw Blue, covering his mouth as he smiled. Before he could snap at him, Blue held up his hands.

"It's okay! It's okay if you're worried for someone! It doesn't make you any weaker to show concern for someone you care about!" Blue assured him, grinning. Error went bright yellow. He turned away and Blue gave a soft little giggle.

"It's okay, Error! I won't judge! I, too, worry for Ink! The creatures he's facing are powerful, but I'm sure an AU Guardian like himself can handle them!" Blue said cheerfully. Error blinked and looked up at him. Blue gave a reassuring nod. Error sighed, but the reassurance seemed to have calmed him, nonetheless.

Error gestured to the dropped strings. "A-Al-Al-Alright... p-p-p-pick u-up the string..." He ordered quietly. Blue lit up and nodded, sitting back down into his crisscross position. He managed to pick up the strings with his skeletal fingers.

Blue reset the strings and looked up at Error eagerly. Error sighed. "O-O-Okay... f-f-f-first..."