- Ten . Smoke -

"Wasn't important, forget about it." 

Ben wagged his hand, supporting to get rid of this topic. I was quite nosey, I always am, but I didn't ask further questions, I kept my mouth shut.

Bens phone rang once again this evening. He pulled it out of his pocket and stared at the display, I already knew it was Gwilym again. But Ben just watched his phone, his high-pitched ringtone drove me already crazy so I spoke up. 

"We don't talk right now, so come on, buddy – pick up." I patted his shoulder for support and nodded in the direction of the cell.

He returned my look a few seconds, then he swiped right and held the phone to his ear. "Hey, how's it going at home?" I couldn't hear Gwil, but Ben started to smile. I focused on the road in front of me, trying to give Ben the privacy to talk to his boyfriend.

"I am sorry, I was in the pub with Joe, I didn't hear your call."

He lied. Why did he lie? I knew Gwil quite well and I was sure he wouldn't mind if he'd say, that he was busy talking with me.

I really tried to overhear the conversation, but I couldn't.

"Oh... why?... Yeah... Yeah... No, we're still on our way home, we are walking... Sure, I'll text you when I got home... You don't have to, Gwil, you know that, don't bother... So, we'll see tomorrow?... Fine, see you then." 

He smiled with his last words and his eyes met mine. "Sorry, Joe." - "There is nothing to be sorry about, I like it when you smile... I- I mean I like to see you happy; you know that." I looked down, scratching the back of my head.

We continued our walk to the hotel, I stopped in front of the entry. Because I knew Ben, and I knew he wanted to smoke right now. But he went past me and held the door open, smiling at me and gestured me to enter.

"No last smoke today?"  

"Don't have any cigarette left." He shrugged and followed me to the elevator. "Then... buy some?"

"No, I'm fine." 

He must have noticed my look, because he started giggling. "You don't like smoking, so..." I raised my right eyebrow and crossed my arms. 

"So? Since when do you care about that." I laughed and he just rolled his eyes. "You don't want me to die with fifty because of lung cancer, you are not getting tired of telling me this. And now you wonder?"

I laughed and pressed the button to my floor, Ben did the same, his room was on level 3, I had to head up to 5. "I wonder that you listen to me at all.", I said, leaning against one of the walls, resting my head against it.

"I am always listening to you, silly." 

He punched my arm and we laughed. It felt good, joking around again, like we used to. But since we didn't have much time with each other in the past few weeks it kind of stopped. Ad man, I've really missed this.

Ben smiled at me, I took one step forward and wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey hey, Joseph, are you drunk?", the blonde said, but he hugged me tight and lightly stroked my back. "No, idiot, I am not, I am just happy, I really missed... this." I pulled back and gestured with my hands between me and him. 

The doors of the elevator opened. I waved for goodbye. 

"See you tomorrow.", he said and went in the direction of his room. I stopped the doors from closing again, calling him one more time.

"And for god's sake, Ben, stop calling me Joseph or I will kill you, I mean it."
___________________________________
Late night upload, I am sorry (:
I had a very rough week, but writing helps a lot with that - and it cheers me up that so many people actually read the stuff that I write
So thanks a lot to all of you <3

Have a great day/night, whenever you read that ^^
Love,
~Kat