- Fifteen . Backup -

"Do I have to get dressed for you? I thought you'd like it."

I tried my best not to blush and followed my best friend into his room. He headed to the closet, I simply hoped that he didn't expect an answer from me, so I sat down on the small couch, kept my mouth shut.

After he put on a blue shirt, he sat down next to me and handed me his phone. "What?" I asked after a few seconds, my eyes switching between his face and his hand. "You came here to stop me from calling Gwil. So do your Job, Joe – here you go."

I let out a sigh and finally took his phone. He thanked me and crossed his arms. "Why don't you want to call Gwilym? Maybe you should..." - "No!"

I raised my arms in defence, put his cell in my pocket of my jeans. "I... I can't call him. Every time we had a fight, he backs off, he runs away, he doesn't want to talk." - "Usually that's your area of expertise."

Ben rolled his eyes, but I saw a little smile on his lips. "Look, Ben. I think he got really hurt in the past, he just has some issues he has to cope with, but I know you two so well, I know you both can handle that."

"How do you know that?" - "Rami told me, he recently talked to Gwil. But I can't say more and you probably shouldn't even know that, but you can fix that, you both can, but you both have to want to do this. Do you want to do this, Ben?"

He was quiet, stared at some indefinable point behind me. "Do you want it?", I repeated and put my hand gently on his leg. He shrugged, seemed with his thoughts anywhere else. "I... I don't know, Joe... I don't know, it's so hard and there are so much more negative things in our relationship than positive, it's exhausting."

Ben leaned back in the couch while talking, now facing the ceiling. I sat next to him in silence, slowly rubbing my thumb over his knee, to let him know that I was there for him. He covered his face with his hands, then he put them down again, laying his hand on mine.

A wave of warmth rushed through my body. 

He grabbed my hand, held on tight – so did I, leaning back next to him. 

"You should call him, you two have to talk, no matter about what. If you want to save this, you have to talk to him, if you can't handle it anymore, you have to talk to him as well. Either way, you two have to talk."

"I really like him, Joe." - "Then you know the answer. If you really like each other, then you will be able to work these things out."

After a few seconds of silence, I pulled out his phone again. "Text him. You don't have to call him, but at least text him."

Ben didn't take the phone. I put it on the table in front of us, leaving him the opportunity to take it. He stared at the display, but he didn't move, his grip on my hand even got stronger the longer he looked at the table. My hand kind of started to hurt under his grip but that was okay - I knew that he needed this.

I moved my thumb up and down on his, giving him all the time, he needed. I felt kind of helpless, I really just wanted to help him, but I honestly didn't know what to do. I couldn't stop looking at him, while he was totally lost in his thoughts.

"What should I tell him? What do I say?"

The blonde next to me was really nervous, tapping with his free hand on his thigh. "You know what to say, listen to your heart, and I know that sounds very cheesy, but I mean it, and it is true, really. You'll know what to say."

Finally, after what seemed like ages, he grabbed his phone and pulled his hand out of our grip, so that he could write with both hands. After he was done, he gave me the phone. "Please push the button, I can't."

I took his phone, as soon as his hands were free again, he took my hand again, which was still placed on his knee. I couldn't help but smile, gently squeezing his hand a little. I could barely keep my attention to the phone and the text Ben typed.

Hey Gwil, I am sorry that we didn't see each other much in the last few days. I miss you and I can't continue this like that – I really wanna talk with you about everything. I know we can do this better, so let us try... please... Tomorrow, after work, my trailer, please be there

And I pushed send.
__________________________________________
over 300 views, oh my god, that makes me so happy, really <3 thank you all so much
Today is a late night update because I just came home but I really wanted to update today, so here it is (:
I am happy about any comment/vote and about every read! 300, I can't believe it

Have a great night,
~Kat