- Forty . Now -

Bens PoV

Okay.

So, next step: talking to Gwil. I could have waited until the next day, but I could barely keep it together, so I decided to do it right away. I got pretty nervous when I pulled out my phone again, that was not an easy topic to talk about with my ex.

I searched for his contact and let my finger circle about the call button a few seconds, before I just tapped on it. Let's get this over with, don't be afraid, it will be alright.

"Ben? What's up?", Gwils voice was calm and nice, it gave me confidence, I immediately felt better talking to him - it almost felt like our old friendship, that felt good, really good.

"I need to talk to you."

I heard him breathing in deeply. "You talked to Joe, didn't you?" My eyebrows went upwards in surprise and I cocked my head. "Uhm... yeah, you told me to go. But there happened something, and I really need to talk with you about that."

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth to talk, but Gwilym was faster. "Just go for it, man."

Now I was even more confused. "What do you... What?" - "For god's sake, Benjamin Jones, you know exactly what I mean. I mean the reason you called me. You wanted to ask me if it was okay when you would start dating Joe. And the answer is yes, buddy, GO FOR IT."

"What?" I couldn't believe what I heard, I didn't know what to say. "Don't play stupid." - "I don't play stupid, mate, I AM stupid."

Gwil laughed, which made me smile too. "But seriously, Gwil: What?! How did you-"

"Joe told me. Well he didn't tell me, that you two wanted to date, but he told me that he has a crush on you. And I know you, Ben, I know you well. I saw the looks you gave him when we started filming, I see the connection between you guys, I can tell there is something special going on."

I heard him gulp, I could tell that it wasn't easy for him to say this. "Gwil, you don't have to-" - "I'm not finished.", he interrupted me and I shut up again. "What I wanted to say is, that I really think you should go for it. He deserves it, you deserve it - after all you've been through. But let me tell you something, take it slow, you two have all the time in the world - don't rush into it. Don't you dare letting this flop, man, I mean it, because you two are perfect for each other."

I was overwhelmed, I didn't know what to say. "Gwil... You don't have to do this. I really don't want to hurt you with anything I possibly do in the future."

A sigh came through the phone. "Ben, I'll be fine. I want you to be happy, I want Joe to be happy - and I broke up with you, so you don't have to worry about me. I owe you that, I wouldn't ever stand in your way."

"What a pity we're not together anymore, you're great." I was relieved when I heard him laugh. "I know. And now go, Ben! Go get him."

"I have one more question. Will it-" - "No it won't be weird, not for me and not for any one of us. It's a good thing. Let me know how it went."

"You seriously need to stop interrupting me."

We both laughed, before Gwil spoke up again. "I just want this conversation to be over so that you could go over to Joe and end his pain, don't let him wait any longer. Good luck, Ben."

"Wait!", I yelled before he ended the call. "Thank you, Gwil." - "Not for that, now go."

The call ended and I put my phone down. What the hell happened right now? Did he really encourage me to do that? I was so relieved, you have no Idea.

It was indeed very great of him to handle it that way. I don't know what I expected when I called, but that was not on my list, to be honest. My phone buzzed again.

GO!

I've missed him. I've missed this friendship. And now I got a feeling that it would be alright.

NOW!

Jesus, I'm already going.

I got up and grabbed my keys, hurrying out of the door and down the hall to the elevators. I pressed the button, quite a few times, but it didn't come.

So I decided to use the stairs.

I took two at a time to be as fast as possible. And a few moments later I stood in front of Joes door. I pulled my phone out of my pocket again, I had one more message.

And don't be worried about your friendship, I know for a fact that friendships can survive everything

To read this made me smile, and I knocked on the door. It took an eternity until Joe finally opened this goddamn door.

But when he stood there in front of me, I couldn't help but let a big smile spread on my lips. "You okay?", Joe asked with one furrowed eyebrow, looking at me in concern.

"I changed my mind."

"What do you mean, you changed your-"

And this time it was me who interrupted him. But I didn't say anything, I took a step forward and put a finger on his lips, to stop him from talking.

But it didn't really stop him, because he mumbled against my lips. "What are you doing?"

"Shut up, Joseph."

My impatience grew. "Don't call me-"

And then I kissed him, which made him finally stop talking.