- Twenty-five . Hangover -

When I woke up, the first thing I felt was a great headache.

I blinked a few times because it was pretty bright in my room, I must have forgotten to close the curtains. But the second thing I felt made me a little curious. I was not alone in my bed.

Wait a second... I was wide awake immediately and tried not to move while I looked around. It did look very similar, but it wasn't my room. Why wasn't I in my room and where the bloody hell was I? And, maybe the more important question: Who was there in the bed with me?

I faced the window and an arm was wrapped around me, so I couldn't move without waking the person behind me and I didn't wanna wake this person before I knew who it was, because I had to figure out a plan what to do.

Did I really drink that much yesterday?

I sighed and not until that moment I recognized the smell, which was all around me. I knew that smell, that was a mixture of Bens cologne and shampoo. Now I knew where I was and ( maybe even more important) now I knew who the person behind me was.

At first I was relieved, because that meant I didn't go home with any stranger I met at the pub. But then the panic kicked in and my heart started to beat faster and I stiffened.

What was I going to do now?!

What was I doing in Bens room? Why didn't I go to my own place, it's only a few floors away. I didn't dare to move in a slightest way, I even tried to slow my breathing, but I was getting very nervous so that didn't work out very well.

Suddenly, a phone buzzed. Well in particular, my phone buzzed, right on the nightstand next to me. That wasn't good. It was loud and it would probably wake Ben up if it didn't stop. But when I would take it, he would wake up as well. I could pretend that I was still sleeping? As soon as the person behind me started to move, I decided to try my last thought and quickly closed my eyes again.

My heart raced even faster, if that was possible, when Ben seemed to realize how he was cuddling up behind me in a spooning position. I really tried not to move, but my heartbeat was so loud, Ben had to hear it. But he didn't move. Why didn't he move?

He ignored the buzzing. Why did I get so many messages and calls at once for god's sake? I wasn't that popular, most of the time the only one texting me was my mother – but sure, everybody wants something in the most inapt situations.

He pulled me a little closer and I heard a sigh. I felt a lump in my throat, a heat wave rushed through my body.

Ben finally seemed to have lost the patience and reached over to take a look at my phone. I didn't have a problem with that – I would have done the same and by the way, the buzzing sound was getting really annoying.

I continued concentrating on my breathing, until Ben shook me gently. "Joe, wake up, you should take that call, it's Allen, for the fifth time by the way." I really didn't want to talk with allen right now, it would be way too embarrassing. "You take it.", I mumbled and didn't move, didn't even open my eyes.

Again, Ben sighed and took the call. I heard Allen talking, but didn't understand what he said. Ben stopped him with his typically deep calming voice. "Whoah, mate, he's with me. He stood in front of my door in the middle of the bloody night, that's why he's not in his room. How much did you two drink yesterday?"

That was a really good question. Too much, probably.

"Yeah, sure, he'll call you later, don't worry. I'll take care of him." Ben laughed and I felt the desperate need to disappear right on the spot. I was so glad that we didn't have to shoot that day. On the other hand I didn't have a good excuse to go, so I would spend the day with Ben.

Yesterday, I said to Allen that I should take this thing slow and that I had to figure out what I wanted to do about it.

And then I went off and directly into Bens room and into his bed.

That was NOT my plan.

I didn't remember much since we left the pub, but I maybe didn't even wanna know what happened. But I knew Ben, so he would probably tell me the embarrassing things I've said and done.

Why was my drunk me so stupid and came here? What have I gotten myself into?

___________________________________
Hey, yall, I wish you all a good start into the new year ♥️
Have a great evening and have fun
~ Kat