Chapter 36

Lexa's POV

Cold.

So cold. My whole body shivered from the pain in my legs and chest. I opened my eyes slowly seeing blue and red lights but everything was too blurry. I closed them again because I didn't have much energy to pay attention to things that were happening.

„Come on!" I could hear unfamiliar voice getting closer.

„Clarke...?" Small whisper escaped my mouth.
„She's alive! Help me here!" That voice got louder.

Somebody lifted me up carefully but it hurted.
I've never felt so much pain in my life.
I let out quiet scream because of the pain.

„Careful!"
„You're gonna be okay. Just stay with us." The voice got softer and quieter. My vision was still blurry, I couldn't see the face but I knew they were looking at me.

After that I blacked out.

.
.
.

I opened my eyes but closed them immediately because of the bright light.
I rubbed my eyes and blinked few times to get used to it.

There was a large lake surrounded by trees and mountains. Just like the one where I took Clarke before.

„H-Hello?" I asked when I saw person sitting on the shore.
„Lexa?" That voice. I know that voice. I would recognize it everywhere.
„Mom?" I gasped under my breath.
„Come here honey." She turned around amd stood up to hug me.

I felt tears in my eyes. I saw her again.
„Look at you. You've grown so much." She pulled away and smiled at me.
„Wha- What is this? Where am I?"
„What's the last thing you remember?" She asked.
„Lights and pain and..." No.
„Does this mean that I...died?" It can't be.

I left Clarke alone. I gave up. I wasn't strong enough to stay with her. But I love her.

„You can choose to go back but you can also stay on this side." She placed her hand on my shoulder.
„I- I don't know. How much time do I have?" I asked with confusion in my eyes.
„Let's take a walk. Tell me about everything that happened." My mom took my hand and looked at the scar on my hand not answering my quiestion.
I smiled at it because it reminds me of Clarke.

„How did this happen?" She raised her eyebrow and traced her finger on the scar.
„We were at the camp from school and I fell accidentaly. Clarke helped me clean it and patch it up." I chuckled.
„Who is Clarke?" Her smile grew wider.
„My girlfriend."  I scratched my neck scared of her reaction.
„Aww sweetheart. Im so happy for you."
„Im finally happy too. You can't imagine what I've been through after you left." I sighed.
„What about Aden?" I could hear worries in her voice.
„He's fine. He made a lot of friends in school and Anya is taking a good care of us. I got closer with Nick and Luna since then. They helped me through it."
„I knew I can count on her."
„Is dad here too?" I asked.
„You'll see him soon."

We were walking in the woods just talking. I told her everything what happened for this past 2 years that they've been gone.

„It wasn't easy for you, was it?" She whispered with regrets.
„Yeah."
„Im so sorry I couldn't be there for you."
„Hey."
„If we didn't go on that trip-"
„Hey!"
„Mom. Stop." I whispered and placed my hands on her shoulders.
„It's not your fault. You didn't know that that was how it would end." Single tear escaped my eye.
„I love you mom."
„I love you too." She hugged me.