Chapter 42

Im alive yall. Its late for christmas chapter now but I had to take a break and i didnt want to skip so yeah. Enjoy.

~Christmas day~
Lexa's POV

It's Cristmas. The day we've been waiting for.

Today is gonna be great. I had to pick up Clarke's present in a couple of hours and I planned to take Aden with me. After all it was his idea.

~flashback~

I've been laying in my bed for past 2 hours just staring at the ceiling thinking of a gift for Clarke. Nothing came up to my mind. I couldn't think of anything.

Small quiet knocks snapped me out of my thoughts.

„Come in." I shouted. Aden came in with questioning look on his face. He sat down with his legs crossed and just stared at me.

„What are you doing?" I asked him.
„What are you doing?" He raised his eyebrow and a small smile appeared on his face.
„Thinking of something I could give Clarke for Christmas. Any ideas?" I turned my head towards him as I was still laying on my pillow.
He thought for a second and then he jumped up.

„Let's get her a dog!" He shot his fist in the air. It made me sit up with shock written all over my face.
„Aden I don't know if-"
„Please!"
„I have to ask her mom first. If she's okay with it." I wasn't sure about this. I mean it was a great idea but what if she's alergic. Or what if Madi or her mom is?

„What are you waiting for then?" He looked at me when I was still sitting on my bed.
„You want me to go there 'right now'?"
„Yeah?" He scoffed and left my room.

All I could let out was small chuckle mixed with sigh as I stood up and took my car keys from table.

I grabbed my jacket and put on my boots.
„Wait a second young lady. Where are you going?" Anya walked out of the kitchen with plate and towel in her hands.
„Im going to Clarke's."
„Don't be late okay?"
„Okay." Anya kissed my cheek while I tried to push her away with scrunched nose.
„Okay, okay I get it!" I finally pushed her away gently with frown.
Soft chuckle escaped her mouth as I left and closed the door behind me.

I arrived to Clarke's house and parked on the driveway. I slowly got out and walked over to their front door to knock.
Luckily her mom opened the door for me with smile as soon as she looked at me.

„Hi Lexa. Im sorry but Clarke's not here. She's gone shopping with Raven, Octavia and Harper." She said.
„Actually that's perfect." I smiled.
All Igot from Abby was confused look.
„Im here to ask you something." Abby stepped aside to let me in while I was talking.

„I've been thinking about present I can give Clarke for Christmas and Aden came up with this idea today." I looked at Abby to see if she's listening. She nodded.
„I want to give her a puppy." I said quickly without blinking as I let out breath I was holding. Abby's eyes widened.
„The thing is I didn't want to do it without your permission. I don'tknow if you're alergic or if you're even okay with a dog being here." I connected tips of my fingers and looked right into Abby's shocked eyes.
„I- I mean we're not alergic. But I don't know if we have enough time for a dog."
„It's okay. You don't have to answer right now. You can think about it." I smiled as she looked up at me.
„Thank you. I will for sure consider it."
„Do you want something to eat or drink?" She added.
„No, thank you. I have togo now anyways." She walked me to the door.
„By the way, don't tell Clarke I was here." I whispered like if she could hear me.
„You have my word." She winked with smile.

I said goodbye to Abby and left to my car. Way to my house was way less scarier than it was before now that I knew that my- Aden's idea is not totally dumb.

.
.
.

„Aden! You ready?" I shouted from hallway downstairs while trying to put my shoes on.
„Yes!" He shouted back as he was walking down the stair zipping his sweater.
I helped him put on his boots and jacket. There was a huge amount of snow outside so I also gave him a scarf and a hat. Well I forced him to wear it.

Clarke💙: Merry christmas babe!!!❤️

Lexa💚: merry christams to you too❤️❤️

Clarke💙: wanna hang out somewhere?

Shit. Not now Clarke.

Lexa💚: i cant today Im sorry

Clarke💙: its fine dont worry...you coming over tomorrow right?

Lexa💚: yes I'll be there

„Lexa let's go!" Aden yelled from outside. He already had snow on his clothes and I ain't letting him into my car like this.
„Aden! I just washed my car yesterday!"
He didn't listen to me anyways and just ran to the car.
„Bye Anya!" I yelled not knowing in which part of house she was and shut the door.

„Get rid of that snow on your boots now. Im not letting you in my car like that." I shaked my head and pointed at his boots as I walked past him to driver side of the car.
„How am I supposed to do that?"
„I don't know just do it." I opened the door and sat inside.

I looked at him through the window and even tho I couldn't see his feet I knew he was struggling. I sighed and left the car again.

„Here. Let me help you." I opened the door for him and let him sit inside so his feet aren't inside of the car.

I cleaned his boots as best as I could.
„Okay. You're good." I smiled and looked at him as he smiled back.
„Thank you." He said.
„Oh don't be so soft." I pulled his hat below his eyes and stood up.
„Hey!" I heard him say as I was walking to my side of the car and chuckled.

It's a shorter chapter for now but it will get better. I just need to get used to it again. So yeah enjoy I'll try to post another one later tonight if not than tomorrow.