Chapter 44

Lexa's POV

I woke up by quiet but loud barks at the same time. He jumped on my bed and licked my face.
„Okay chill out little guy." I chuckled as I tried to push him away gently.

„Lexa wake up! It's Christmas!" I heard Aden running downstairs.
„Im coming!" I sighed and got off my bed.
I stretched my arms and yawned while the dog was watching me from my bed.
„What are you looking at?" I raised my eyebrow with smile. He immediately looked away and yawned too.
„Come on buddy. Let's go." I opened the door for him and let him run out.

„Merrry Christmas." I entered the livingroom with smile on my face. I sat down on a couch and picked the dog up and put him in my lap.
Aden was opening his presents already along with Anya.
„Merry Christmas sweetie." Anya walked over to me and kissed my cheek.

„Lexa this one's for you!" Aden yelled and handed me an envelope.
I looked at it surprised as I opened it.

„You kidding right?" I looked at Anya not wanting to believe what I saw. She shaked her head.
„Two tickets for a basketball match of my favorite team. Wait- two?"
„One for you and one for Clarke." She smiled.
„How do you know she'll go?"
„I asked. She agreed."
„Thank you." I hugged her and Aden.

„Aden what did you get?" I leaned closer to him placing my elbows on my knees.
„I got a new video game." He showed me the video game.
„Car racing! We love this game!" I took it in my hands and remembered how we always used to play it with our dad on Saturday nights.

„Anya we got one for you too." Aden said.
„Oh really?" She smirked amd acted surprised.
„Yeah. It was Aden's idea." I ruffled his hair as he handed Anya a small photo album.
„That's....amazing. Thank you." Few tears escaped her eye as a big smile appeared on her face.
„No. We thank you for taking care of us for 2 years."
„Im honoured." She huged both of us tightly.
„We love you."
„I love you too kids."

.
.
.

Clarke's POV

It was more than unusual that I woke up first. Earlier than Madi.
I looked over at my phone. 5:30. Yeah I still had a 30 minutes for myself.

I changed to my normal clothes and thought of somwthing usefull to do. The black guitar caught my eye. I decided to pack it or at least decorate it somehow. Nothing usefull was in my room so I had to find it in the house.

„Every time when I need something it magically disappears." I whispered to myself as I opened my door as quietly as I could and walked out on my tip toes.

Madi's door were closed so were my mom's. It was pitch black everywhere and I was scared as fuck. Flashlight was in the kitchen counter. I searched every cabinet we had in the kitchen or living room downstairs.
After some minutes of searching I remembered that the decorating stuff is in my mom's room in a big box.

Under her bed.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead with my palm.
I walked back upstairs and stood in front of the door of my mother's bedroom for a good minute or two.
„Okay. Here we go." I opened the door slowly and walked in.
I swear I've never heard my mom snore like that. I couldn't help but chuckle quietly. I walked over to her side of the bed and crouched down. I turned on the flashlight to see the box. Thank god it was right in front of me. I pulled it out and took it with me to my room.