Part 2: The Case Of Sekaiichi Trifecta

Chapter 33: Unconditionally

*NARRATED IN NEIL'S POV*

"WAKE UP DUDE! ARE YOU SLEEPING WHILE STANDING UP?!" I felt a loud and unbelievably annoying voice penetrating into my eardrums which snapped me out of it. I then looked around and remembered why we were here and what were we doing. We were at an elite and expensive car shop picking out limousines for the wedding. Since there were two couples who are getting married, we needed two of them. Ugh! I need to focus on this because I'm the one driving the vehicle in which Onodera and Takano are going to traverse with. What is wrong with me? This is so not like me. Why am I daydreaming about something totally unrelated? And that too in a place like this? Yash gave me an intense look and gazed deep into my eyes before he said, "You look like a love-struck person who doesn't know what to do with himself. Is it possible that you're in love with Akira?"

Bam! Bullseye! I never expected him to shoot an arrow and hit the boards of my brain and heart perfectly. Was I revealing too many signs? Was I exhibiting changes in my behavior? Wait a minute, did I stop being sarcastic? Or did he see me and realize something at Meera's birthday party? Ugh! I don't know. What makes him say that?! Well, there's no point in lying about it; especially him. If anybody, he should be the first one to know the truth. After all, he dated her and had a child with her. Okay, why am I even interested in this girl? The relationship is gonna be weird from top to bottom. But still... for the first time in my life I know that I still have these feelings... how did I become so hopeless?

"Y-y-Yes." The word finally came out of my mouth after having a series of thoughts wandering around in my mind. I was so nervous at that point. I mean come on! He has a child with her! Of course I need his approval! He did get Akita's approval when he started dating Olivia right? So is that the way it works?

He then spoke in an unbelievably calm tone, "If you're wondering, then no. I have no problems if you want to be with her." My eyes widened involuntarily as he said that. He then continued, "Akira has the right to move on for the sake of her personal health. And as far as Meera is concerned, I firmly believe that you would be able to give her the love, support, care, and the required stability that I know that I won't be able to do for her. I really love Meera and I want the best for her. But I can only give her things to a certain extent and that's not entirely healthy for a good upbringing. I want to visit her everyday but that's not going to be enough. She needs a living parent who not only loves her but her mother unconditionally. And even after spending years with Akira, I could never manage to do that because at the end of the day, my heart belonged to someone else. Typically, a child is a symbol of the parents' love, but that's not true in this case. And you know how I know that? When you came to her birthday celebration, she kissed you on the cheek. I could never get that even as her father. And when Meera did that you didn't see how happy Akira was. That gesture alone reflects the mother's feelings about the person because the child is now at an age to start noticing stuff. Ever since you and Akira started hanging out at a regular basis, all Meera wanted to do was stay home with the both of you. When she must have seen the mother's happiness at the mere presence of that one person, it is impossible for the child to hate him."

Well, I'm not a man who usually does this but my body was out of my control especially after hearing that. Whatever I thought I had control of my entire life, denied me to stay back there and my limbs started moving back and forth involuntarily as I abandoned Yash at the shop. He didn't stop me. He merely smiled and let me sprint away. He knew where I was going. I didn't need to tell him that. But he did make it clear that he cares about her but just not in the way I do. And I needed to make that clear to her.

I ran out of breath as I came to a screeching halt in front of Kirishima's doorstep. I banged the door with all my strength and I heard Hiyori screaming as a result. Kirishima opened the door and started yelling at me, but stopped midway to see me panting and sweating.