Part 10: The Case Of The Junjou Battle- Phase 1

Chapter 22.1: Onodera VS. Ijuuin-sensei

*NARRATED IN RITSU'S POV*

The four of them just took off in thin air, right after the huge explosion. Man! They were almost about to call it "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" if Mark didn't show up on time! Everyone in the mall began evacuating from the premises. There was enormous chaos at the exits. Everyone was pushing one another and the little children are scooting their way out. The people were so preoccupied with saving their lives that no one had the decency to even speed dial the police. And as for us, we had our own battle to fight. June turned out to be a villain and was actually a part of Ijuuin-sensei's team the entire time. They were plotting against Olivia and Ryla so that June could bring him back to their world and endeavor in their mother, Eleanor's money! And would have an unfair happily ever after! Well if Mark didn't HERO his way here and tell us the truth, we would have been misled by now. But now he's here. And so am I(even though I did drag myself into this). And these people are not gonna get away.

The four of us ran in different wings of the mall and impulsively went looking for these people to bash the hell out of them. We didn't have a backup plan. We all just turned our psychopathic side of our brains on and began our hunting spree.

If there's one thing I'm sure about; it's this. I DO NOT HAVE THE BODY OF AN ATHLETE. I was exhausted after running a couple of meters across the floor. I lost all that teenage energy years ago. I lost my enthusiasm too but that's starting to come back day by day. I was panting and slowing down in front of the motorcycle shop. And I bent down to touch my knees, huffing with sweat dripping off my face and my bangs falling onto my eyes, I heard a scream, "Wanna finish things off fair and square Kyū Misaki?!"

I rose my head, raised my eyes and whispered to myself in question, "Who is Kyū Misaki? Does he mean Takahashi-kun? Wait, how would they know each other?" A few seconds later, when my eyes started to focus again, I saw Ijuuin-sensei on a Kawasaki Versys-X motorbike! And when I looked over at the motorcycle shop window, I saw that one of the displays was missing! I realized that I was on the top floor; the 5th floor of the establishment. I was all alone up there. The sun penetrated through the glass window and struck the white marble floor. I was standing with my empty hands and my feet firmly fixated whereas the Ijuuin has a fully operated contraption! WHY DOES A WHORE GET A LEG UP?! THINGS CANNOT GET ANY WORSE!

He smiled viciously and the sound of the induction motor starting reached right into my eardrums in milliseconds after I saw him twisting the handles. I looked up and closed my eyes; disabling my ability to hear, smell, taste, and see. All I could do was feel. The rays of the sun falling on me gave me a warm sensation on my skin. I could visualize a white light that was sucking me towards it. And then memories with Takano came flying at me like flashcards; tossing one after the other...... yes I'll admit it now.... without getting angry.... or acting like an ass..... he is the love of my life..... wherever you are...... please remember that I'm yours alone....... even if I might die or get critically injured while trying to protect these kids, I know you will understand why I did this..... hope you'll forgive me for my gullibility....... Saga senpai .............................................................

As a prickle of my tears fell on the ground, I aimlessly ran towards Ijuuin's bike which was dashing at me with incredible speed. And leaped into the air as I heard the bike closing the gap. My eyes weren't open. They were shut tight the entire time. All I could see was Takano's face. Nothing else. He was present. Not only in my mind. But in all parts of my body. My eyes, my hair, my clothes, my skin.

I felt like I landed somewhere. My butt was hurting for some reason. I felt like I was moving. I could still hear the motor sound. And I felt like someone was breathing on me and trying to push me off! I immediately opened my eyes to see Ijuuin trying to push me off the motor. But I kept my ass fixed onto the leather seat like glue. He grunted and tried to knock me over with all his might but I was still right in front of him. Why? Because while he was using his hands, I was using my legs to kick his legs to make him lose his lower grip and fall off the vehicle. But that was clearly not working but at least it kept me in place. We were just circling around the floor again and again as I used my hands to control the gear whereas his arms were preoccupied! It's because of me that we haven't crashed into anything yet and I AM DRIVING WITH MY BODY FACING BACKWARDS! Gotta say I'm quite the driver!

As we started to pass by the food court, I saw a bottle of mustard and ketchup kept on a table that was within my reach. Well, if I apply all the physics that Olivia taught me at the national library, I calculated the position and the velocity of the bike within milliseconds and grabbed the two bottles right on time! I sprayed his eyes with those condiments and knocked him out of the vehicle while his vision was impaired! SCORE!

However, when I was busy doing all that, I wasn't directing the vehicle so as a result I crashed into one of the tables at the food court and knocked everything over. Surprisingly, the motorcycle broke down into pieces. Well, Ijuuin did quite an "impressive" job picking up the first bike on the display! Of course, it's not gonna last long! What was he thinking?! I'm astonished that the bike was functioning quite okay for the past five minutes!

My whole body hurts and I have a strong feeling that I broke my arm. Ijuuin walked towards me and now we were having an actual man to man fight! We both were punching each other until blood was dripping off our mouths. Before we even realized it, our smackdown was shifted out of the food court area. We were at the walking area and he pushed me off the railing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS GONNA DIE FOR SURE!!!! WE ARE ON THE FIFTH FLOOR YOU GODDAMN IDIOT!

My life flashed before my eyes as we both fell off the fifth floor. I looked down to see absolutely nothing, except the hard marble floor that we were going to crash on.

I shut my eyes again. I mean, I knew that I was going to die but I don't want to witness my own death!

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

As expected I crashed on the floor and I broke my back completely; that's for sure. But on the bright side, I fluttered my eyes open to see that I was alive and breathing; so was Ijuuin. The better news is, Chiaki appeared out of the blue and called the police to escort Ijuuin, June, Ijuuin Obachan, and Hex away from the premises. He also called the ambulance, to take Mark, Ryla, and me to the hospital as we were seriously injured.

*A WEEK LATER (when Ryla and I were discharged from the hospital)*

After sharing my duel with the famous manga author in the mall with Olivia and Ryla, I asked them about what happened to them after we split up for our search since none of us talked about it ever since. Well, mostly because Ryla and Mark were going through a surgery. Olivia was making her rounds to and from the court of law because of the immense damage made to a public establishment. She was the victim. But hey! So am I! To top things off, I couldn't talk for a week since my jaw was broken.

Olivia started narrating her story....... she was up against her grandmother..... yes that's right! IJUUIN OBACHAN!!!!!!!!