Special Chapter 4.1: A Time Like This...

*NARRATED IN SIR DAVE'S POV*

Like Asher, even I am a high school teacher. I am Dave Gibbs; 40 years old. And I'm still a bachelor. I'm not interested in marrying anyone and that's that. Believe me. I've tried. Real hard. However, the only thing I care about is my place of work; ISM; where I teach a substantial number of students everyday. As much as they annoy me, they are the only reason of my being, like Asher. But unlike him, I'm not an English teacher. And I have a rule in my class. NO SPEAKING IN ENGLISH. NE PARLE QUE LE FRANÇAIS!

Here's a fact. There are two reasons why I am alive right now. There was once a time that I felt like I had nothing to live for. But when I realized that there were over 500 kids at the school who looked up to me so much, I couldn't possibly let them down! And the main reason for my existence is because of this kid named David D'Souza...

When I first saw Mr. Palaan going all psychopath over that Chiaki guy, for apparently hitting on Euadine, that was the first time I saw that he truly loved her as his own daughter and was extremely possessive about her like any other doting father. It reminded me of my relationship with David. His mom died when he was quite young. I was his teacher since play school up till now. After this kid's mother died, he lived in my house. So it was pretty natural for us to act more like a father and son rather than a teacher and his student.

And now......

Here I am. On this plane with him. David decided to get our passports and visas in this world and see what this world's Muscat looks like! The kid is really hardworking. In the real world, he worked six part time jobs just so he can experience the work atmosphere and feel the pressure of working several shifts in a single day. I'm no one to stop him. Yes, he is taxing himself more than any ordinary kid but he has every right to do so. Because David is no ordinary kid. With all the money he makes, he doesn't spend a single penny on himself. He kept saving them up for a reason that he knew alone.

Today he decided to spend all that money he saved. Taking me to an alternate Muscat! I generally let the kid do what he wants. But yes, I also do correct him when he is in the wrong! However, I didn't know why did he want to spend so much money on something like this! Even if he wanted to, he could have taken a special someone along with him for a romantic getaway or something. Did he think that I wouldn't allow that?! Come on dude! After all these years together, you think that I'm just a boring man who thinks black and white?! Not cool dude! Not cool! Speaking about a special someone, I've seen this guy acting all strange and giddy ever since we came to the anime world. Hmm... I'm gonna ask him about it later. What's the point of living together for so long if this guy cannot trust me with things like this??? I need to eradicate the fact that I'm just a boring old man to him! Why would he choose to bring me? Ugh! I can't put my finger on it! You know what? If he chose to bring me, then I'm going to make sure that I have fun and make him not regret his choice. After all, I love spending my time with him.

After several hours the aeroplane wheels finally hit the tarmac. I honestly can't wait to see what Muscat International Airport here looks like! The best part of this world is no connecting flights! All direct! Tokyo to Muscat in one go! Why can't we adopt a system like that there? I've missed several flights because of these stupid connections! The surprises are so big that I need two hours to figure out what is there on one floor! The airports are gigantic and gorgeous as well but at least less stress on catching the flight right?