Chapter 1

Matthias POV

A sneeze pulls me away from my comfortable slumber. I crack my eyes open and blink a few times to chase the fatigue away. Yawning, I push my blanket off of my body before heading to the bathroom to relieve myself. Flushing the toilet, I wash my hands and brush my teeth. Then, I return to bed and grab my phone. I read all the emails I received throughout the night before reading the news.

It looks like my little brother, Nikolas, has made the news again. Apparently, he completed some important business deals that will raise his network of a few million. Then, come all the description of NorthStar Imperial, an enterprise consisting of hotels and restaurants, which was handed over by Michael, our dad.

I can't imagine why he likes working in that company. It's so boring and restricted. He can't even go shit without the journalist writing about his golden discharge. I remember the time when he publicly announced that he was going to marry Micah. Everyone went wild. It was as if the last bachelor on Earth went gay and the women died of depression and shock. I can already imagine the headlines when their child is born.

As for poor old me, I prefer a life of leisure and freedom. Of course, it cost me a lot of effort and time since I had to contribute to the family legacy. Therefore, I created some hotels that my brother manages for me. With Nikolas as the heir of the company, I am now free to do anything I want.

I am about to close my eyes and go back to sleep when someone knocked at the door. I frowned, but I still decide to ignore it. Without a word, I hear the person behind the door open it as high heels resounded in my entire bedroom.

The woman pulls my blanket away from me before sighing loudly. "Sir Matthias, I know you're awake. Please stop looking like a fool and get dressed. A Pure of your importance can't go supervise your coven naked."

"Sometimes, I wonder if you're even a woman," I answer as I catch the flying clothes that were about to hit my face. "No women ever refused me as you do every morning."

"We have no time for your jokes Sir. We have a busy day ahead of us," she ignores me as she looks at the IPad in her hands before reading my schedule.

"I suppose you already did all that," I cut her off as I sit up cross-legged on my bed with my private parts covered up.

She sighs once again before nodding. "Yes, I did. The covens are done renovating. The vampires in need of a home are applying, and the staff are taking their duty seriously. There's no sign of abnormalities in the applications or the acceptance rate. Every candidate has their background thoroughly checked, and no mercy is given when they have ulterior motives."

"We can't let another event like that one happen ever again. My covens are supposed to be a safe haven for innocent vampires to find a home and live in peace. I will not tolerate any mistakes," I warn my secretary as I'm sure that my eyes have changed colour while the air in the room started to suffocate her.

"Needless to say, everything will be accomplished to your satisfaction," she bowed as I can sense her fighting against her fear.

"Good! Now that is done, I suppose my day has been freed?" I ask cheerfully as I'm ready to jump off of the bed to do whatever I want.

"Regrettably, you have some guests waiting for you in the main living room," she informs me as I frown at her since I was not expecting any guests today.

"Who?"

"Sir Michael and Madam Alice."

"Inform them I'll be there shortly."

"Yes, Sir."

I wonder what they want this time. It is never only for tea when they trouble themselves to come to visit. They definitely want something from me and since my mother is here as well, it can only be for one thing.