CHAPTER 15 : Zombie Me

Xyla’s POV

I woke up same as yesterday, same routine and same plain morning. I take a bath, brush my teeth, get dress, fix myself, took a last glance in the mirror, get my bag and close the door. I walk downstairs and get in to the kitchen, grab one apple and walk through the door and get out of the house. It’s the same day as yesterday, I thought.

I took a bite on my apple and got out of the gate, and to my surprise, the plain day that I thought about was exactly opposite to what I’m seeing now. I loosen my hold on the apple and it suddenly fell to the ground and rolls down through the foot of a man. He suddenly turned to me and chills runs through my body through my spine. I can’t move and he’s looking at me intensely. His eyes were dull full of white and have a small black dot at the center. I step backward and I regret doing that.

He slowly steps forward to me and we caught other’s attention. They were all walking towards me.

“What’s happening here? This isn’t funny. Quit playing acts.” I said still hoping that it was all prank but it wasn’t. They keep walking towards me as they made a growling sound like a zombie. I can see blood on their mouths, clothes and even on their hands. Some of them have no arms and others were just crawling because they don’t have feet to stand anymore and they smell stinky. I pushed the gate hard and got inside. I locked it and I heard them barging the gate so loud. The sound is getting louder and louder and my heart pounds nervously.

I run through the door and as I twist the knob, it was lock. I look the key from my pockets but there was nothing, so I look at my bag. The loud growls are becoming louder and it shivers my whole body. Those things want to bump in and ruin the gate. I don’t know what’s happening but I think it wasn’t normal anymore. I put out all my things inside my bag and I saw the key. I insert it but won’t unlock. I turn my head to the gate and saw that it will soon collapse.

“Come’ on, you freaking door!” It still won’t open so I have no choice but to use force. I kick it and luckily, it opened so I got inside, I pull the sofa and cover the door. I get in the kichen and get a knife. Now I heard a large zombies approaching. And they were growling around the house. I quickly get upstairs and lock my room.

“What in the world is happening?” I admit that I’m feeling so preoccupied right now. It’s like I need to do something to survive or be eaten alive by those zombies. I suddenly saw the window. There’s a ladder there and I can use it to go to the roof. I grab my phone, the knife and do the best thing I can do. I saw zombies down the ladder. I hope they wouldn’t notice me. I slowly climb at it. I was so near on the roof when the ladder suddenly moves and as I look down; those things are climbing towards me. I quickly get into the roof and kick the ladder that it falls together with those things. Now, I’m safe, I guess.

I look around and to my bewilderment, everything was like a nightmare. This isn’t happening. Cars were all smashed with each other. Some houses were burned and people… I don’t think their normal anymore. I slowly put my hands in my mouth and my body became weakened. I get my phone and tried to dialed Xytee or Mama’s number but the operator said nothing but, ‘the number you are calling is unable to reach, try your call later’. No. They weren’t… I stood up weakly and turn my gaze to the whole surroundings. If this was a dream, I want to wake up right now.

“Then wake up now…” I almost jump in surprise when someone speaks behind me and as I turn around, I saw a familiar face.

“WHAT THE HELL?!” I exclaimed as he grab my foot.

“YOU LET GO OF ME, YOU UGLY KRIS!” I yelled as I kick him off and he fell on the ground. I held my chest as it beats faster. I stood up with my feet trembling and step backward but my back hit something. I turn my head and I almost jump out of my feet when I saw familiar faces again. Lay, Luhan… Sehun… and the others? How did they get in here? Did they use the ladder? I don’t know that zombies are qualified to think and act normal. Wait… They were all zombies and they have blood on their mouths. Lay is smiling sheepishly. I love his smile everytime his dimple shows but I don’t like how he smiles right now. And Luhan is grinning and Sehun is looking at me like he really wants to eat me alive.

“Tell me this isn’t true…”

“It is true…” Said the culprits and without hesitance, they all dig into me. I lay down forcely on the roof. Some of them suck my blood and others bit my arms. I’m groaning in pain as I closed my eyes, until I feel nothing. I open my eyes and I only see was dim. It’s so dark and I can see things moving away from me. I stand up without thinking anything. I jump from the roof to the ground and I follow blured images. They are so many and I don’t know where we’re going. I stop for a while when I smelled blood… fresh blood.

I walk away from the group and followed the smell until I reach a forest. I saw an image and I can feel his fast breathing. His back is facing me and he’s holding something. I walk towards him, slowly… I want his blood… I want his meat… I’m hungry and want to eat him. I’m almost there… I’m one step away from him when he turns to face me. Without saying anything, I grab him and bite his neck. He fell and lay on the dry leaves and I just did what my mind is telling me. I enjoyed my meal. It’s so meaty and savory… I just bit him when I smell something again. I stood up living that thing there and followed the smell. I can see another image again. I run towards it and dig in. I bit him but I was hit by something and everything turns black.