Chapter 1

⚠️TW, This book contains touchy subjects such as rape and abuse. A "⚠️" will be put at the beginning of every chapter containing those subjects.

It was a quiet day. Usually, The Cafe was full of people crowded in every booth or sitting up at the circular tables enjoying drinks with their friends. Today, only a few costumers like myself were scattered across the room, some were chattering lowly with their acquaintances while others were here alone. I was sitting in a small booth in the farthest corner of the building like I usually did, typing away at my blog that I was to post in a few days. I sipped on my hot chocolate and raised the volume on my earbuds, allowing my music to play loudly in my ears.

Every day after my morning classes I would come into this cafe and type for hours. Editing my blog to perfection. I was usually alone, unless my bubbly roommate Emora decided to tag along but that was rare since she was usually hanging out with Lance, her significant other. I had my opinions about that relationship but I like to keep my thoughts to myself.

I felt my eyes fluttering shut every couple of seconds. I was tired. I stayed up all night last night working on a project I had to turn in this morning and it was taking a toll on me. Maybe I should drop out of college and take a nap. That sounded wonderful.

A familiar chime of a bell rang when the Cafe door was pushed open. A few people I recognized from campus walked in. Chance and Jacob. They were Lance's two best friends if I remember correctly. Two girls followed in after them, but I didn't recognize either. After making an order, the four sat in the booth directly in front of mine before beginning to talk loudly.

I tried to concentrate back in my blog, but I could hear their loud voices and laughter through my music. It kept disrupting my concentration, so I gave up on working and decided to get up and order a cookie instead.

As I walked back to my booth with my snack I saw Chance glance at me. Recognition flashed in his eyes so he waved me over.

"Hey, you're Emora's roommate right?" He asked.

I nodded slowly, watching as all four pairs of eyes turned to me.

"She's hella good in bed." Chance continued, allowing a smirk to spread across his face.

I set my jaw, my eyes flashing in annoyance. I decided not to reply, knowing he must be lying since I knew Emora would never cheat on her boyfriend and just sat back down in my booth staring blankly at my cookie.

"Hopefully I can hit that again. Lance better let me since he fucks other girls too." I heard Chance say.

My head shot up at his words. "What?" I asked.

Chance chuckled and looked back at me. "Mind your business sweet cheeks."

I glared, ignoring his comment. "Lance cheats?" I asked.

He nodded. "All the time."

I grit my teeth. Lance was going to get his ass beat.

Chance laughs when he's sees my angry expression. "You think that's bad? He gets Emora intoxicated and then hands her off to the bros, how do you think I was able to fuck her?"

What the fuck.

I stood up abruptly, shutting my laptop and stuffing it in my bag before storming out of the cafe, leaving my hot chocolate and cookie behind. I ran to the nearest bus stop and and climbed onto the bus once it arrived. I had to go back to the dorms and see if my roommate was ok.

Lance uses her. Lance lets his friends rape her while she is drunk and unknowing. I was so going to beat his ass. I walked down the bus aisle and saw that all of the seats were taken except for one besides a guy that looked to be around my age. He had pale skin, dark hair, and even darker eyes. I didn't recognize him but still took the seat and pulled out my phone.